1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why don't I get butterflies in my stomach that often?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChromeNerd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't get that many crushes in general. When I do get crushes I normally just try to make friends with them or look at them from afar. Does this mean I'm not getting crushes?

2. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    The butterflies in your stomach can be many things, not necessarily associated with those you wish to peruse a romantic relationship with, think about being in one and how do you feel?

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps, you're not attracted to these particular people if your intention is only to be their friend. However, sometimes friendships can grow into a more romantic relationship, but there's needs to be an attraction there. I usually know right off the bat if I'm attracted to someone. Same thing with crushing on someone; to me, it feels like an enduring need of wanting to be around that person. Physical symptoms include: blushing, smiling, feeling nervous in their presence, dry throat, fast heartbeat and sweating :grin:

If you ever experience 2 or more of the above symptoms, it is safe to say that you are probably attracted to that person.

#3 pinklov3ly, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  4. srslywtf

when you can't stop thinking about someone.. when they make your tongue tied.. when they give you butterflies.. that IMO is a crush!

5. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I do want a relationship with these people, I just feel too nervous to persue anything beyond a friendship. I often think about that person constantly and I often talk too much about that person. I often find every little thing about them fascinating. I often feel super happy when I get to see them. If I have a class with them I feel disappointed if they aren't present. I often want to spend time alone with them, but I feel annoyed if they pay more attention to other people. I just don't get butterflies.

6. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Why does everyone forget the warm fuzzy feeling on the inside? Or does that not count as part of attraction? :frowning2: