1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by broncofan, Sep 15, 2013.

1. broncofan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Growing up I found myself looking at girls and checking them out. I tried to ignore it and I even read this article in some magazine about a girl asking if she was gay just because she was looking at girls, but they said no it is a normal teenage thing to do as your comparing yourself to them. I convinced myself that thats what it was and I would get over it as I got older. I never got over it and had massive crushes on girls but at the same time I liked guys and so I dated guys.

I have been dating this guy for over 4 years now and at the beginning I thought I was in love with him. The past year I find myself not satisfied with him and it doesn't feel right when he touches me. I have been thinking about girls more than ever and its to the point that when I see a lesbian couple I feel jealous.

I have no idea what to do. I don't have the guts to break up with the guy because I know how much he loves me and I would feel really bad to break his heart. My family isn't helping with this either. I feel that they are pushing him on me and are always asking about him when I am trying to get some room away from him. I don't know how to talk to my family about the situation because the situation isn't clear to me. I am also not sure if I really am into girls as I have never been with one. What should I do?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing but I have a lot in my head atm.

2. this is me

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had the same problem! wwell...actually, I didn't have a bf, but I was noticing girls and I thought every person does at some point, but then eventually I realized it...you just have to give your self time to think....one of the big questions you need to ask s am I emotionally atrracked to guys, girls,or both? then another question, am I PHYSICALLY attracked to guys or girls? that was the hardest question for me, because the 'physically attracked' kind of goes hand in hand with sex...so...just try to answer those questions! I hope you figure it out!!! if you need to talk, kik me at motoralex

3. Abbra

I think you need to talk to your boyfriend. You aren't doing him any favors by being in a relationship where you aren't being honest. You might not be a lesbian, but by not exploring these feelings, you are going to remain confused. In the end, you might not end up breaking up with your boyfriend, but you have to communicate these problems you are having.

4. nacho woman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This is the exact same position I am in now... With boyfriend for almost 4 years now - having some serious attraction to women, I have been in a same sex relationship before but it ended badly... I'm trying to pluck up the courage to speak to him about it but I don't want to hurt him (it's super complicated now because we're both out of work and trying to keep the house we are in is a struggle) We also own a dog together. I worry about him, and then I worry about how he will react. I've been feeling like this for over a year now but it's become even more intense because I have a massive crush on this girl, I would never cheat but I feel like I'm drifting further apart from my boyfriend... I love him but as a friend now.

I'm feeling you right now broncofan... It's so hard. I hardly let my boyfriend touch me anymore, we've been intimate maybe once in the past 3 months... I was hoping he would dump me, but he loves me and tells me all the time. I feel so guilty.. but the living situation I am in is making it near impossible. Do you live with your boyfriend?

5. broncofan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    No I dont live with him which I am thankful for. He is always inviting himself over and wants to stay the night. I try to come up with excuses for him to leave but its hard because he knows my schedule.

6. nacho woman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I would say have a chat with him, preferably in a neutral place like a park or somewhere else that's quiet. Tell him how you feel - sort out what you want to say in your head, even write it all down if you think you will have a hard time saying it from memory. I'm waiting for my right moment to talk to my partner.. it's hard I know. Best of luck with it all.. Just be open and honest - his reaction you can't control, just be willing to listen to him as well.