1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight... Or Gay... Bi? I don't know.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheStrongestLink, Sep 16, 2013.

1. TheStrongestLink

So, I'm a straight male. Or was, for that matter. But quite a while ago I began questioning my sexual orientation. I began getting slightly attracted to both genders, though I thought this would be a one time thing. But it continued. For months actually, and now I'm wondering if I really am What I thought I was. I'm not sure if this is just a phase of sorts, or for srs. So, EC, any advice?

2. Episode

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay best thing for you would be going through why you have had these questions. What kind of events happened that led you to believe so? You can be specific since this is an anonymous forum.

3. TheStrongestLink

Well, over the past months I've been attracted to certain guys, and also girls. There's been certain males that I've been attracted to, mostly. I really never felt this way before, so I thought it was random. I thought of this as a weird phase, but then it kept continuing. I even once thought of asking a male out. I've even wanted to ask a few people about this, but I knew that the homophobia of where I'm from meant I wasn't going to get far.
    That's basically detailed for ya.

4. Episode

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Remember that it's all a journey and that despite it all being murky now, it'll clear up in future. I guess when you question your sexuality, there's not much we can do because we're not you. But I think a few obvious things can come under questioning -
    When you mean attraction, is it sexual? Emotional? Both?

I suggest you have a look at the Kinsey scale and figure out for yourself where you think you lie.

5. LILuke

I suggest that you take the time to explore these feelings and see where they take you. Are you just noticing attractive guys, or does it go further than that? How do you feel about the idea of kissing a guy, or having sex with a guy? That's a big part of figuring out how deep those feelings actually go.

6. Werbinich

One way to find out is to use your imagination for a bit. Fantasize yourself being in a relationship, or kissing, or making out...depends on how far you want to go, with an imaginary man. If you feel hot, then, explore some more since you might not be just attracted to chicks but also guys. If not, then maybe it was just a knee jerk reaction, but never be so sure until the time comes. You will know by then.

7. TheStrongestLink

When I mean attraction, I mean both.
    When I see the Kinsey scale, I lean towards a 4 or a 5.

8. lowkey

lowkey Guest

in my opinion kissing doesnt signal sexuality, or it can, its CONFUSING BECAUSE,

some people like me, like only kissing females and get grossed out when kissing a guy, but get turned on by guys and doing sexual acts with them on a higher level then girls.