1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does that make me gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by babybop1224, Sep 16, 2013.

1. babybop1224

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok so I've been thinking lately that maybe i'm not really bisexual like i thought. I'm sexually and emotionally attracted to both men and women, but leaning more towards women. But here is the catch, i don;t feel interested in a relationship with a man at all. I simply don't want one. I don't know if that's because I haven't dated a girl yet, but then again I only dated one guy for two horrible weeks. I just don't want to be involved with hem anymore than friendships. Does that mean i'm a lesbian?

2. LinkLarkin

You could be a homoromantic bisexual i.e. you feel sexual attraction to both sexes but only romantic attraction to girls. :slight_smile: but to all intents and purposes, if you seek a romantic relationship rather than a purely sexual one, then yes you could call yourself gay.

3. Holly

It's ultimately how you WANT to label yourself. It depends what you feel comfortable with. I'm in a similar position, although it's not as emphasised as your situation. I can find a guy attractive, but that's it. I wouldn't want a relationship with him, nor would I want to have sex with him. Therefore I label myself as gay.

Honestly, we're human. We don't fit into exact little boxes of each label. Parts of us might 'stick' out, because we're individuals with our own attractions. Just use whichever label you feel more comfortable with.