1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual Gay or Straight?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by matthew216, Sep 16, 2013.

1. matthew216

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm a 14 year old boy that is really wondering what my sexual orientation is. I started questioning it back in 6th grade that I was bi, and now im in 9th grade. I find both sex's attractive, neither more so. I guess you could say im more attracted to girls because i find them more sexually attractive. But Its confusing to me because i find girls to be attractive, but i also find boys to attractive. I noticed i started checking out guys more? Im not sure if this is just a plead for attention, but i feel the WANT to be gay. It may be because i want to be different, but i dont know. I just feel sort of like, im not meant to be straight and that i just want to be gay. Please help and thank you :slight_smile:

2. Szalvias

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started experiencing this at about the same age as you.
    Honestly, at 14 I believe it is natural to explore and question. Most people do not understand their sexuality very well at that age regardless of sexual orientation. This, from what I understand is largely due to biochemical changes.

My advice, for what it is worth, is not to worry about it. By that I mean to explore your feelings. Try not to want to be gay, or straight, or bisexual. Instead, just try to discover yourself. Pay attention to how you feel. If you have this attitude with no desire to be ___ or stigma attached to ___ you will likely find your place soon enough.

3. Hakuna Matata

Out Status:
    All but family
    I was writing something, but Szalvias said it a lot nicer - so there you go, I second his comment :slight_smile:

4. penguin machine

What MIGHT help is to not think in terms of being gay or straight. These are merely labels that help describe your sexuality to others. For YOU, what matters is being honest about your attractions. Like whomever you like, date whomever you want to date, and ultimately, the success of your dating experience will come in line with your nature. The only way a label helps is in attracting people you like. Otherwise, they might not know about you.

5. Werbinich

Gay, bi and straight are simply stereotypes especially during your age since your orientation is just forming, or...showing since I believe that who you like is a destiny. That's my next point. You might have a preference for sex with men or women or both, but you would probably only like one person at a time, regardless if it is a he or a she, it is just that for some people, whom they like are usually classified as the sane gender.

Just listen to your heart and follow your instincts. The outcome would be pleasurable.