1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think I can do this anymore

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Not ok, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ever since seventh grade i have had feelings i never wanted For guys that is. You see there was a new kid in my class at first I thought he was just cool and wanted to get to know him But I was always too shy to say hello. he whould say hello to me some times in the moring but all I could ever do was nod In reply. I Begin to think there was more to why I felt so Awkward and shy Around him And that's when I realized I liked him. Needless to say the realization that I had a crush on another boy was shocking.I Became scared and very confusing I still am. I don't know how to deal with these feelings I don't want I've Been repressing them for years now and Because of this I'm suicidal I think about ending my life on a daily basis. I'm scared to be honest with myself and say that I've liked guys for years now But I've also come to discover that I can like anyone if they just a nice person And this doesn't help my situation as it makes me even more confused. im not sure what I am and I don't want to be interested in guys what in the world does it mean if I can like anyone in the right circumstances and am i just a freak. I could really use some advice

2. Englishlad

Your not a freak. Please don't feel suicidal you have a amazing life in front of you. There is no harm in having a crush on a guy. You are still young a lot of teens have feelings for the same sex. If your gay there is many people here on this forum including me who are willing to help you.

3. lukeluvznicki13

Hi there.
    I know trying to figure out your sexuality is a bumpy, emotional roller coaster.
    A lot of us here have also gone through similar things as you, being depressed from liking the same gender etc.
    But don't feel alone at all and you aren't a freak. (*hug*)
    Have you had anymore attractions to guys? If so, you could be gay or you could be bisexual.
    Whatever the case is, you must not feel that you're a freak or a mistake etc. You are still you, and you must never feel that this changes you at all. :slight_smile:
    It may take a while for you to accept your sexuality but just know that we are here for you

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Not ok, and welcome to EC!

First off, don't worry about labels, a lot of confusion arises from these things. Labels should come with their own warning labels, such as: "use with caution".

For all the control we think we have over ourselves, we seem to have very little control over what we like and desire, especially in the realm of sex. You don't have to make any decisions yet about what you are, focus more on the person you like, no matter whether it's a he or a she.

Your crush is shocking merely because it's a he...think carefully why that is: do you give so much weight to what others think that you are repressing your own feelings? Try honouring your feelings instead, respect them a little, give them some room to grow within you just so you can see what happens.

I assure you that if you let the feelings be as they are, other things will become clearer to you. And just perhaps instead of hating what it is you may be, you may find that what you are is a beautiful thing, and worth living for.

5. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    How Could you help me?

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let yourself feel what you feel, that is how you can help yourself. Don't judge your feelings, they are what they are.

7. AKTodd

Yeah, what Englishlad said:thumbsup:

Beyond that, and re your statement of being able to like anyone.

Assuming that by 'like' you mean 'be sexually or romantically attracted to regardless of whether they are male or female', then it's possible you could be bisexual or maybe pan sexual (which, as I understand it is someone with a broader potential range of attraction than bisexual people normally experience - if I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me).

Regardless, you're not a freak and there's nothing wrong with you.

Don't give up. And maybe stick around here for a while. EC is a pretty friendly and accepting place, and we're all here to talk and offer support if you need it.

Best,

Todd

8. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    What is pansexual? am I pansexual? I don't know? I'm really scared and nervous just being on this website.

---------- Post added 17th Sep 2013 at 09:40 AM ----------

Can someone tell me what I am I need reassurance i need to know.

9. penguin machine

It's not a race to figure yourself out. You are a complex and layered human being, like anyone. Not one part of any of that complexity is anything to be ashamed about. Liking boys is a scary thing when you don't choose to be that way, I know. I was into guys since I was a kid and only came out at 23. But I also like girls. I've dated them, loved them, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm now dating a guy and that's okay too.

You're not a freak, you just might be bisexual. And that's okay too. There are so many wonderful things about guys and girls to appreciate and not a single one of them is worth feeling shame over. Not a single one of them is worth killing yourself over. It's okay to feel like you don't understand yourself. You found your way here though, where there are literally thousands of people just like you. And you admitted it to yourself. You can't imagine how big that first step is.

You could start by telling us what you're afraid of? You don't have to be a stereotypical gay guy just because you have he ability to appreciate good qualities in boys.

10. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I want to be straight it's the norm I don't want to be different even more than I already am i get bullied at school just for being me already if they Find out i have weird feelings for guy I don't know what they'll do I don't know what I'll do

11. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Not OK...

First - they do not need to find out. So relax. It is in your power to be private and just avoid these idiots.

I am sorry to hear you are bullied - that really stinks.

You have plenty of time to work out what you are from a sexuality point of view. It sounds like you're not sure just now, so I'd give your self a break from the fear. Spend some time just working out your thoughts.

You can do this all in the privacy of your own head, or with support from others - including this site which has many people your age on it. I am sure they'd like to hear from you/ help you. This is a friendly place!!

12. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Keeping it in my head and only my head is what's driving me practically crazy

13. hichat

Do you like him sexually? Describe more of your feelings to him.

14. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You see I liked that guy five years ago but ever since then I look at other guys the same way I don't want to feel that way.

---------- Post added 17th Sep 2013 at 10:36 AM ----------

I wanted to kiss him I wanted to hold his hand but it Felt so sick and wrong for thinking that and wanting to do that

15. hichat

How do you think about girls?

16. RTzenD

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Trying to figure out and understand one's feelings and dispositions is a difficult task. There is nothing any of us can tell you right now that isn't already inside of you. You just need to calm down and take an honest look at who you are and how you feel. Even when it hurts or makes you feel uncomfortable you need to look within and just be with that feeling. Send love to the part of you that is hurting and for a moment imagine yourself embracing and incorporating the part of you that is hurting. If you find out that you do in fact really like other guys that's okay, imagine yourself happy in just such a state. Perhaps in time you'll find that it was just a brief phase and you're more interested in girls. That's okay too. Either way, you are only 16. I am 27 and didn't even begin doing this sort of work on myself till I was in my young 20s. You're gonna be okay regardless of what happens :slight_smile:

Enjoy this relaxing 20 minute meditation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyy0ra2WcQQ

17. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    You see I have hade one girl friend I loved her she loved me but I got Scared and broke things of with her she whould ask me why but I was to Ashamed and Disgusted with my shelf to tell her I been gain to have feelings for Men

18. hichat

So you are also sexually attracted to girls?

19. Not ok

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Um....i..i..yeah I am

20. hichat

Then I guess you're bi. Just don't feel bad about it, you have to accept it or you'll only hurt yourself. :slight_smile: