1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sheepy, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Sheepy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For a little bit about me, I'm 25, unemployed, and I live with my very strict christian parents. I've been questioning my orientation for a few years now. I'm attracted to men on TV, but never any that I've met in person. Especially not any emotional attraction. But then, I don't know any men. I'm not friends with any. The only person I've really felt anything for was another girl, which is what got me questioning.

But my problem is, I don't know where to go from here. How do I find out who I want to be with? I don't have friends, I don't know where to go. No one but my brother any my therapist even know I have an interest in other women. I know I should meet people... but where? Where do I find safe spaces? Where do I meet people who could help me figure out where my attraction lies? I'd be happy to try dating a woman, I'm just afraid because what if I'm not into women after all? And I've never dated a man, how do I know if I am or not into them? I've never had any relationships before.

2. Abbra

Perhaps you should just start with making friends. It sounds like you should be more clear on your own sexuality before you should even attempt dating, because being unsure could end in heartbreak. There are a lot of ways for you to start meeting people. Think about things that you like to do and look for groups in the area. Meetup.com is a great place to start as it shows a bunch of different groups in your area. Find a nice co-ed group to mingle with and then you can move onto the next step of figuring out your sexuality.