1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused :/

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Sleepy, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Sleepy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well this is my first thread ever so sorry if it is really confusing. I am not one of those kids who figured out they were gay in elementary school like one of my best friends. I really started noticing women (or girls since they were still teenagers...) when I was about thirteen. Then when I went to high school I saw a girl that used to be my best friend two years prior but my stupid social anxiety made me too scared to approach her again. I had so many dreams about being in love with her though and I really just blushed like every time I saw her. Then I went and watched some pond skimming contest and an old boy crush was there and I was so happy to just be near him (again I'm to shy to actually act normal to people and talk to them). Then my gay friend told me that bisexuals were fake and that you can only be attracted to one sex! So now I'm even more confused! Last year I told my best friend that I was in love her basically (I really was at the time. I felt like I would do anything to make her happy, but then again I might not even know what love is :/)! She was not impressed cos she likes to date losers for some reason and she is always calling her bisexuality just a phase. And sometimes I only like girls and sometimes I only like guys, it like fluctuates (as of right now I'm totally infatuated with girls <3 just wish I had one of my own ) So I don't what I am and it just bugs my brain sometimes :/ Also I've never had a boyfriend or girlfriend so I'm not sure if one needs to try both before they finally realize what their sexual orientation is. I'm seventeen now and I'm still just totally beyond confused! Also, sorry if my english sucks, I do live in one of the dumbest states in the US unfortunately :/

2. iHateThinking

I'm no expert, but I will try my best. I am sorry that your friends can't seem to get passed the thought bisexuals are 'fake' or 'just a phase'... Because there are plenty of legitimate bisexuals. They just aren't all 50/50 like some people think; there's plenty of variations, like 30/70, 60/40, etc. To me, it's odd that your friend says that her bisexuality is a phase... Not sure what to make of it. Sorry that she rejected you; it can be tough.

I don't think you need to date the opposite/same gender while figuring yourself out. I personally have not dated guys (because, well, I have no real desire to). I've dated two girls, and I enjoyed my time with both. It's certainly possible to know without having sex/etc, as I'm sure some people on the forum will also agree with that. I think, that if you feel you should date someone to be sure, then that's something you should decide on your own. But there's no need to rush into anything; if you're interested in them and they are in you, then there's nothing wrong with dating them. Do what you're comfortable with. If you'd like to date a girl, date a girl; if a guy, date a guy.

It's certainly possible to be sexually fluid. I don't know much about it, but I believe the term speaks for itself.

I wish you luck in your process of discovery. Just take your time and try your best to relax. It's difficult when you've gotten 5,000,000 thoughts going through your head at once, but you'll figure things out. :slight_smile:

3. Sleepy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey thanks so much for taking the time to reply! It is sweet:slight_smile: Yeah I was crushed because I think she used to have a crush on me before I had a crush on her then it completely switched but now we are not as close anymore :frowning2: Also, I've never heard of the term "sexually fluid" before so thanks I guess I do learn something new everyday! Thanks :slight_smile: