1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a real thing????

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DarkEmberknight, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Where do I start? How about like this...I thought I was bisexual for a while, then gay, then bi, then gay etc... It kept fluctuating until I settled on "Biromantic Homosexual." But I don't think that's quite right. I mean, I don't find the female body particularly attractive, like the male body, but I'm not unattraced to it. If "0" was unattracted to the female body, and "10" was attracted, I would be a "5", kind of a neutral. Is that a real thing, and how would I describe/label that? Some people don't like labels, but I really do. They make me feel more... coonfident. So, does anyone have any idea as to what this is? Thanks, DarkEmberknight.

2. Tyrael

Hi there, I'm quite new to this myself but I can try to help. I think at your age you shouldn't try to get yourself hung up on labels too much. You have plenty of time to discover what and who you are interested in. It seem you're going through the natural process of discovering and questioning your feelings towards the people around you. Give yourself some time, and just try go with what you feel. You're emotions will settle eventually and possibly make it easier for you to decide (if you haven't already by then!). Anyway I hope that serves to ease your worry a little.

3. :slight_smile: Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile: I just have one problem with this, I am planning to come out to my friends soon, and the thought of coming out, and changing my mind about my orientation seems absolutely terrible, idk why... If I come out I need to be confident and sound. /:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're begging for a label, "bisexual" is a pretty wide net. If you are open to both guys and girls sexually, no matter the ratio or fluidity, you're bi. At least by my definition. :slight_smile: And yeah, even some people who identify as gay are only like 95% gay and their tiny attraction to women isn't worth mentioning.

So I guess it all comes down to what you want. If you want to keep women as a group you're sexually attracted to, you can just call yourself bisexual. But if you feel like it's not worth going after them, biromantic homosexual seems to fit well too.

5. That is so true! xD :slight_smile: Thx, RSwordsman! :grin: I guess I'll identify as bi for now. :slight_smile: As Tyrael said, I have lots of time xD

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome. I'll just go ahead and say congrats on even thinking about it at 13. I was the same age as you and trying to make sense of the things I was feeling, but "gay" was still something you called people if you wanted to insult them. Liking guys was completely out of consideration.

^^Until it happened. (!)

7. Werbinich

When I was 13, I was like, hell no! I'm not attracted to guys! As for now, I just came out to my crush-a good-looking, nice guy-and got turned down...but we remained friends...a little out of topic here...

What I'm trying to say is it's a blessing to figure it all out at 13 whereas I needed to suffer an extra 2 years of self-denial. However, keep in mind that feelings waver when you reach puberty, you don't really need to make to many abrupt changes until you're like 15 or 16. Just adapt slowly to who you are and be proud of the way you are born.