1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Ajs15, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ajs15

For most of my life I've been relatively straight. I mean hormonally I was attracted to girls. Period. After going to an all boys high school for about 2 years, there was this one boy (definitely gay) who I started to notice and might've change that. Over time I got to know him and I liked him a lot. I honestly didn't care what was between his legs, I wanted to be with him regardless. Eventually I got to asking him out (about a year ago) and recently I found out that it was at that period of his life where he had a strong straight crush (dunno if that's the right term but, long story short he liked a straight guy). So he said yes but he never wanted to go on a date or anything. I mean, he said he did but he'd always make up an excuse not to show. I was so confused and frustrated without realizing all the struggle he was going through, and he would blame it on school work and academics so I told him we should do it during the summer. Summer eventually came yet when it did he closed off all contact with me all throughout the 3 months. At the beginning of my junior year I confronted him and wanted to find out why. He told me it was because he liked another boy whom as I said before was straight. I didn't really know what to do I couldn't just ask him to stop caring for him as I don't see how that'd be fair (or possible). Honestly with girls I've liked before I've felt strong feelings for them but with him it's so much different and better, I just feel like I can't lose him. I honestly don't like any other guys At all whatsoever. He told me he can't have a relationship right now but im so scared well go off graduating not knowing what it was like being together. I'm kind of lost here :frowning2:

2. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

Well you can't force him not to like that guy, so i guess the only thing you can do is be patient and try not to presssure him. Maybe along the wait he would start to like you that way or maybe you will meet someone else. Good luck anyway.

3. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mate, your friend is being extremely polite...he is not attracted to you the same way you are attracted to him.

You need to deal with it and learn to accept that all there ever will be is friendship....because if you don't learn that really quick IE NOW...the silence will last a lot longer than 3 months next time :wink:

4. Werbinich

It's simply a crush that you need to get over with. I'm in that hard time now, plus the one I have a crush on is straight so I could totally understand your crush's feelings. However, it had been better since I accepted the fact(?) that we might not be able to share a future...it'll fade slowly. It is always a good experience afterwards, though.

5. HeyBeard

This ones hard to answer without sounding like an ass, but they are all right, It's most likely best that you just try and either just be friends or move on. Crushes like these are the worse, and I'm sure he probably won't be happy with the results that arise from his crush either.