1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of the opposite sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Etak, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Etak

So I've thought about it a lot, and even though I know labels don't really matter, I am more comfortable identifying as a lesbian than as anything else. I have strong romantic feelings towards girls, and am really, really attracted to them. Guys, however, still confuse me.

When I see an attractive guy, I'll look twice sometimes. But I don't have any urge to grab him and kiss him or anything (whereas I do with girls. Ahh, teenage hormones). There's so many overly-buff guys, it starts to seem kind of pointless after a while (sorry, guys!). But most of all, the idea of a penis just grosses me out. I mean, it's like a giant firehose that squirts stuff... just no.... However, emotionally, I could be really compatible with a guy. There's actually a couple guys right now that I would consider dating if I were attracted to them. Anyway, does anyone on here relate to what I'm talking about? Please share your feelings/ experiences, I'm really curious to see what people say.

2. Skov

Pretty much the exact same as what you said, except switching guys and girl and the vagina doesn't gross me out. I even have a friend who's a girl that I seriously love, but could never date because I'm not attracted to her

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off tell me more specifically where you have been seeing these " it's like a giant firehose that squirts stuff." cause I need to come visit. :roflmao:

Secondly I feel pretty much the same way about girls that you feel about guys. Yea if a girl is wearing a shirt that leaves her boobs hanging half way out I'm gonna look but that doesn't mean I want to have sex or a relationship with her. Hell to be honest I don't really know why I still look (I used to hate being gay and thought acting straight would make me straight to the point I even got married) because it really doesn't do anything for me. Also the more I go out with men the more I notice that I have no sexual desire to be with women. I'll see a cut girl and I see her and I appreciate her beauty but only in the same way I appreciate the beauty of a mountain landscape.

4. Werbinich

Beauty is beauty, that is undeniable. However, to me, beautiful girls are pretty, bit mostly like a drawing by Monet or a beautiful landscape.

5. swingthatway

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get pretty much the exact same feelings. When I see a cute guy on the street, I can definitely recognise when he is good-looking, but I wouldn't want to kiss him or anything. It's weird because I can easily imagine a romantic relationship with an attractive guy (like cuddling, watching cheesy movies together etc.) but the thought of a sexual relationship just grosses me out.

6. Werbinich

Still, I couldn't imagine myself in a relationship with a girl, though...or maybe because all of those I had feelings for were all guys and never chicks. Seemingly, I had gotten to the pole of being gay although some of my best friends are girls.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's complicated. I can appreciate a beautiful woman's beauty, perhaps more so because I had been involved sexually with women for a long time (but very few women in retrospect, and far fewer than I could have).

Do they turn me on? Yes and no, they never did the way a guy does; but they turned me on sufficiently for me to think that the feelings I had for them must have been what everyone was talking about (I just assumed that was it). Plus the equipment worked... although I often did have a hard time staying hard...

Then I had sex with a guy, and, well the rest is history...

8. TorreyGlory

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Big difference (for me, anyway) between emotional attraction and sexual attraction. I love men. I've had many male friends. I've fallen in love with men; even married one. :slight_smile: But penises... meh.

9. seeking

i see a hot guy and say he's hot, but i won't have any real sexual or emotional need for him. He's just a guy.

I don't think a dick is disgusting. i've slept with guys... but the sexual gratification was one sided. I like pleasing people but i never got anything sexual from it nor did i get turned on by a guy who is sexually attracted to me.

I usually get creeped out..disgusted.. and after the act i feel victimized... odd right.

took about 7 years before i really could swallow the idea of i might just be a lesbian and be very happy/trilled about it.

10. Waffles

If I see a cute girl, I may go "wow she's really pretty" and grin. But that's as far as it goes... Not a single sexual thought goes through my mind about a woman. Vaginas... are what I believe to be "disgusting yet vital to homosexuality". For without them, people would not be born. D:
    On the flip side, if I see a nice-looking guy, I go "wow he's really handsome... Did he just look at me? o///o" and then get all shy and shift. If the guy is attractive enough and has a great personality, I could see things going on. Like my friend once said to me: "you do not ride them like a horse in a corral; you are to ride them. Like your biatch. In bed." And I find these words to be very relevant.

When dating girls, I always felt like something was missing. Sure, cuddling was fun. But to an extent I felt that the relationships were very one-sided and she always loved me more than I to her. A lot of affection beyond hugs and cuddling felt very forced.
    With a guy... the few encounters I've had give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Long story short: Girls will only ever been seen as good friends. Heck, my two best friends are girls. :grin:

11. FightingShadows

Being Trans, I often wonder how things would be if I were straight (attracted to girls). I'll look at girls and just wonder what it would be like to date them, to do the nice things guys are supposed to do on dates. Often I think that I would be the ideal gentleman that girls look for. But am I attracted to them? No way. I think if I were to ever consider dating girl, it would be just to be able to do those nice little things and make her feel special e.g: getting her flowers, pulling out her chair at restaurants, opening the car door for her. But as far as the whole intimacy thing? No. I couldn't do that. At the end of the day, I'm attracted to men and their masculinity and everything in between.

12. Abbra

I've been semi attracted to guys, but I've never wanted them.

It's really tough to explain. Like, I can kiss a guy but I always really regret it after. It's more like I just appreciate beauty and sexuality, but I don't want it once I get it.

In a way, I'm what I call an inebriated bisexual. I like to do things for attention if I'm under the influence and I have trouble saying no to pretty much anything. So I can kiss dudes and stuff, but I treat it more as a game than attraction. Most of the time I just ignore guys while I get super handsy with girls. I actively try to have sex with girls, but I kiss guys if they ask. However, I would never do that sober, and I'm always disgusted when I come to.

Also, dicks will never stop grossing me out. I will never be that inebriated.

13. Bright Eyes

I can find guys attractive. Sometimes I get butterflies when I talk to an especially good-looking one. However, it never develops into anything more than that. I wouldn't really want to kiss one. Or date one for that matter. I mean, I don't actively dislike guys. They can be great friends. But the I idea of being with one (physically or emotionally) is just sort of meh. Bland.
    Girls, on the other hand, are a completely different story.

14. DDT

DDT

I want to thank you all for this topic because this has been something hugely influencing my mind and I thought I was alone or maybe something was there with me and girls but after reading this I understand myself a bit more. It's just undeniable beauty that draws my attention. I never think of a girl sexually but I look around a bit and notice some girls that catch my eye. I'M NOT ALONE!!

15. DrkRayne

Hmm i get what you mean. I could look at a good looking guy and go "He's hot" but thats as far as my mind takes it. I have no desire to kiss or have sex with them. I appreciate teh beauty the same way I appreciate a good piece of music or a sculpture. Its like fine art.

One thing I notice is that when I say a man is attractive...most of the time its in an admiring way. I love their clothes, the way they carry themselves...nothing about their body or their physical attributes. Its more along the lines of "I wish I could pull off a suit like that" which is weird because if I were to label myself it'd be "femme".

16. Mr96shyguy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The other day me and my friends were seeing Kick Ass 2 and they were all like "Man i wanna f*** Chloe Grace Moretz so bad its crazy" while I'm all like "well she's very pretty and all but meh."

17. For me it gets a bit confusing...I do like guys, I get butterflies around them, I like the intimacy and having sex with them but lately it just seems like something is missing or off and I'd prefer to be with a girl more...

18. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I find guys really intimidating, especially in groups. I find some guys attractive and would fantasize about them but I don't think I'd actually do anything... During my earlier teen years most guys I came into contact with pressured me into "just going on one date" with them, but then slapped the label "girlfriend" on me, and for ages I thought all guys were like this but I know now they're not. Still freak me out though.

19. thedudeabides

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just posted a thread similar to this oops! For me I have mainly attracted emotionally to women with no sexual attraction but i'm not ruling it out, I get turned on by them occasionally and I think i have the potential but i'm not sure. For the most part other dudes do it for some reason. Being with another guy sound most attractive to me, even though i sometimes think it would be easier to be in a relationship with a women.

20. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah feelings are confusing.. maybe because people say women are more fluid in their sexuality.. I dont know. For me I had a lot of crushes on guys.. but I was always attracted to girls and I never noticed it, I started to think I will never find that person.. but in my late teens I started to see my feelings and attractions better. I was always going for guys but I was turned on ONLY by girls. It sounds weird but I think now in our society women are told that they cant live without men.. when my family was telling me oh you will have a husband I always answered I dont want one, I cant imagine it, I dont need him to be happy.. Oh well now I see why, because I want to spend my whole life with special girl not a boy. If you want to be with girls in romantic and other way, and with guys you feel having emotional thing its totally ok, but I was in emotional relationship just because I liked a guy.. I havent felt any sexual attraction and it was awful for me and for him. I have a huge guilt feeling even now.. those just emotional relationship isnt complete it may seem right but its just really big risk.. you may get really hurt or hurt somebody. Its just my opinion :slight_smile: