1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complicated Relationship Situation: Need some good advice

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RosesAreRed, Sep 24, 2013.

1. RosesAreRed

Currently I'm in a bit of a complicated situation so I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help. Long story short, the woman I love and I have been on again off again for the past six years. We were in a committed relationship for the first two, but the last few years have been filled with a lot of ups and downs, push and pull. Recently, for the past few months or so, her and I have been making a lot of positive progress, working towards trying again. The main "road block", if you want to refer to it as that, is that she isn't 100% sure that a same sex relationship is what she really wants. To back track a bit, even during the periods where her and I were doing the "push/pull" or weren't "officially together", neither one of us was ever intimate with anyone else nor have either one of us dated anyone else over the course of our relationship. The other day, we talked and she told me that basically she loved me and felt like we really were a great match but, she "feels like she hasn't let herself 'experience' anything because I'm the only person she's ever had a long term relationship with". She followed that up with, before she would be ready to commit to me whole heartedly, she wanted to be free for awhile so that she could know for sure.

I don't really know how to respond to this... In a way, I suppose I understand but, at the same time... I'm broken hearted and confused.

Any advice would be much appreciated.