1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a word for this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by watami, Sep 24, 2013.

1. watami

I am a woman. I am primarily attracted to women. But every now and then I find myself liking a guy too.

Things with guys never work out though -- the sex can be hot for a little while, but eventually I start losing interest and really wishing I was with a woman and end up leaving him so I can date women again. The reverse doesn't happen when I'm dating a woman -- I never want to leave her for a man.

So it's like I can enjoy men, but I *need* women.

So... is there a word for me? "Lesbian" doesn't feel right because I can sleep with men and enjoy it, but "bisexual" doesn't feel right either because I can't have serious relationships with men....

I know, I know, "labels tie us down, just be who you are..." but it feels like not having a label for this means I don't exist!

I think life would be a lot easier if we had words that meant "mostly gay" and "mostly straight"...

2. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I'm from the opinion it has nothing to do with relationships, purely who you desire to have sex with. The above sounds textbook definition bisexual. Just because you may prefer relationships with women, doesn't mean your sexual orientation is lesbian.

3. purplekitty

Maybe you could label yourself as homoromantic bisexual. That would mean that while you are attracted to both males and females, you are romantically attracted to women. But remember, choose the label that feels right for you!

4. lioness

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel the same way. I just identify as lesbian for the most part, but I switch it up sometimes and say I'm pansexual, depending on who I like at the moment and who I'm with at the time. I hate labels, because I feel like there isn't one that fits me. When people have asked before, I've been known to say "I'm me."