1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality Confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ConfusedRunaway, Sep 24, 2013.

1. ConfusedRunaway

So I have identified as bisexual since my freshman year of highschool, since I have dated four girls and no guys, but I have always preferred men more. I can't be in a relationship with a girl, I just can't. The longest relationship I have ever been in with one was my first girlfriend, it lasted three months and was long-distance. Now, I could definitely bed a female, but I don't like thinking about it really, I like the doing, but I cannot be in a relationship with her. I could definitely be in a relationship with a man though, and feel much better. If I had to chose between being gay and bisexual, I would be gay because I would rather be with a guy than a girl, but I am still sexually attracted to girls. When I saw I'm bisexual, it just doesn't feel right, but I'm not sure if gay is the right world either. I'm very confused, so any help/advice/answers is much appreciated.
    Thanks

-Kisa

2. purplekitty

What might be helpful is to realize that sexual attraction and romantic attraction are not always the same. So lets say that some one who is male finds both males and females attractive. Sexually, he could identify as bisexual. However, this person may prefer to fall in love with boys. This person could then identify as homoromantic, meaning that they fall in love with people of the same gender. If you put both terms together, it is homoromantic bisexual. Some people might find this to be too long of a label though, but it is ultimately up to you what you identify as. I hope this was helpful and that you find your answers!

3. ConfusedRunaway

Thank you, that really was helpful. There are just so many sexualities out there I haven't seen them all haha. I've never even heard of homoromantic bisexual! It is a mouthful, but it definitely seems to fit the bill, thank you again!

-Kisa

4. purplekitty

You're welcome! I can relate with the so-many-sexualities thing. There are just so many terms out there! If you're interested, I found that this site has a big list of terms and some basic definitions.
    Lexicon - AVENwiki
    Maybe you'll find something else that fits you from the list. Remember that it is okay to fall into many different categories and that you can change categories any time you need to.