1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No experience with either gender?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Amue, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Amue

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm 16 years old, and I think I am a lesbian, but I haven't had any experience with either gender yet! I haven't gone on a date with, kissed, or had sex with anyone (One time I held hands with a guy but I didn't feel anything, whereas when I hold hands with my best friend, who I have a crush on, I feel really at home and happy) and I just wonder if I can judge my sexuality if I haven't had anything to base it off, unlike my lesbian friend who has had many boyfriends and multiple girlfriends. If I haven't done anything really with a guy or a girl then how can I be sure about my sexuality? Can someone give me some advice?:confused:

2. UIOP

I am 18 and I haven't had any sort of relationship either. I guess it is hard to be sure about your sexuality without experience but sexuality is basically who you would be attracted to (i.e. whoever you would want to have sex or a relationship with). So, I guess it just depends on who you can imagine having sex or a relationship with.

3. Amue

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have trouble imagining having a relationship, serious or not, with either gender, but i can easily imagine sex with a woman and if I try hard enough, sex with a man. I think it's difficult to imagine having a relationship because I'm shy or just a bit too young?

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to have had experience to decide you are gay. Just take your time you will get there.

5. Amue

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i suppose so, but i think it would still help

6. Bright Eyes

I'm in the same situation as you. I actually realized I was gay by examining my past. When I was little I'd say I had crushes on guys and all the while spend an awful lot of time thinking about how pretty the girls in my class were. There was one incident where I told a girl I liked a boy just to get her attention because I thought she was pretty.
    Hope this helps.

7. Etak

I know exactly how you feel, that's totally me right now. You're not alone. The way I've been dealing with it is by abandoning the labels and just being me, because in the end, that's only thing that matters. Right now, I kind of want a girlfriend, but I'm open to the possibility that my preferences will change with time. Like you, I have a hard time picturing a serious relationship (although this may be due to the fact that my parents don't have a happy marriage). Anyway, good luck! Just be yourself and everything will make sense eventually.