1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LostnDelirious, Oct 2, 2013.

1. When questioning if you are gay,lesbian or bisexual how do you know when it's not a phase and its time to accept it? I don't know if I'm over thinking about my sexuĂ lity or trying to suppress it.Ive been feeling stuck in a rut and I really don't see anything positive coming from how Im feeling.I have to consider the father if my children's feelings and my small kids feelings.How does one not feel at a total loss? Is it possible to bury you're feelings ? I'm sorry if I sound homophobic.Im not I'm just stuck in a one way street I feel like I can't turn back I've come to a complete standstill.:confused:

2. bigeagle

Hi Lostndelirious, some very simple advice... if you bury/suppress your feelings, at some point in the future they will rise to the surface. It is human nature. This may be difficult to understand/accept but from my experience and recent research, to live a healthy and happy life emotions must be expressed. I have suppressed and 'partially released' my gay emotions many times - but partial has not been enough. Each time I thought ah well, that's dealt with now and 'brushed it bag under the rug'. Until its dealt with and accepted, its still suppressed. Hope this helps, good luck.

3. Thankyou bieagle.Im trying to understand if what I'm feeling is "real" I had came out bi at 17 to my now partner.I never tried with another woman so just left it at that I chose to stay with my boyfriend for last 3 years I have been rediscovering these feelings after getting a bit too close on a chat site with a woman.Only talking but now I have been trying to fight these feelings because Im in a relationship and have a family.Im always crushing over women I'm constantly checking them out fantasing and it all started since talking to this lady online we no longer Talk in a sexual way I have walked away many times but find myself still wanting to continue those feelings with her(I know it's wrong) and that's why I'm doing my best to ignore anything that makes me feel well, gay.

4. bigeagle

Hmmm... Did you have sexy chats online? Maybe this was a way to test the water - if you enjoyed it then that's fine isn't it?! It can be very tricky to understand these emotions... Just try and be honest with yourself :slight_smile: