1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a sexual be aromantic?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by KazTastic, Oct 5, 2013.

1. KazTastic

So I was talking to one of my friends, and she claimed that one of our mutual friends is aromantic. However, he is sexual (heterosexual), which really made me think.

While it's common knowledge that asexual people can have a romantic orientation, if someone claimed that they were sexual, but aromantic, they would be seen as making excuses for not settling down.

I'm starting to think that I'm aromantic too. I can't really forge a romantic connection with anyone (and quite frankly, I just don't really like anyone in that way at the moment), and most of the time, relationships in my head resemble an FwB situation rather than a genuine romantic relationship.

Can one be aromantic while being sexual?

Thank you

#1 KazTastic, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  2. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really know the answer to this, but I would say anything is possible! But also, don't close yourself off from romance by labelling yourself as you're still young and maybe just haven't met the right person yet.

3. Miseducated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think the term for someone who has no sexual attraction toward males or females is asexual. I don't think you can be asexual and heterosexual at the same time but I think that even if you are asexual you can still have sex with people. Just like if you are straight you can still have sex with guys, if you are straight you can still have sex with a person you aren't attracted to, etc.