1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why couldn't it just be simple?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Natalino, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Natalino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,
    I posted a while back, and I'm still stuck on the same issue.
    I'm different, I've never been a "normal" boy. I have a feeling I'm might possibly be gay, but I'm just not sure.
    Is there a point where you just know?

I've been searching the internet and everything is just so biased or cliche, and to be honest, quite unhelpful.
    Yes, I am attracted to guys, I mean, if I'm walking down the street I will have a look see. Girls, yeah, I look, but no more. It's mostly just me observing than actually "checking out".

I just feel like I'm stuck in between, and it really sucks. :bang:
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Natalino.

2. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Simply you've decided to challenge yourself by being one way or another. Maybe, it is a self trust (balancing) issue? (Seems like when you want everything you hardly value anything.)--Chaz Bono

3. ChloeAllison

You don't have to fit a label perfectly :slight_smile: If you feel like you are more attracted to guys then dwell on that. Sit and think about how you feel about being gay, what would you say to your best friend if they asked you this question? The answer is always just be yourself, feel how you feel, accept that and everything will get better. Just remember to be confident about being who you are.

4. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Sounds like you could be gay. Have you done anything sexual with a guy before?

5. Projectfabulous

Don't label yourself, just find out what exactly it is that you like and don't like, and, I believe, that yes, there is a point where you just know.

6. LILuke

Don't worry about labels, they're not important. Just worry about figuring out who you are, whatever that might entail. I know from experience it's not going to be easy, but if you take the time to really look at yourself you should be able to figure it out. It's not something that anyone else can tell you, you just have to figure it out for yourself. There are no tests or sets of criteria - you just know.

7. Natalino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone.
    I know it seems stupid, but I just feel like having the label makes it so much easier.
    I've been struggling depression for the past 18 months and it hasn't made anything any easier.

There's this one girl that I kinda like, but I've been friendzone and I know there is no way of backing out.
    Then on the other hand there are a couple of guys that I like, and I mean, like I said, I walk down the street and am more sexually attracted to males than females.

I just want to be happy. I've been over it with my phycologist, but I'm just not comfortable with talking about it face to face yet.
    I know for fact that if I did come out as gay my dad wouldn't be able to accept it. I've had argument before about same sex rights here in Australia and he just won't budge.

It would be a whole lot simpler if these labels didn't exist, if we could all just be anything we want and not be criticised based on gender or anything.

Anyway, thanks for all your help. :slight_smile:

8. biggayguy

#8 biggayguy, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  9. flymetothemoon

I totally agree. That would make things simpler. I, too, have difficulty finding a label that fits perfectly. I found that for myself, labeling with a scale was easier since I don't feel perfectly homosexual or bisexual, I feel like I fall somewhere in the middle. Generally I use the Kinsey scale because more people know of it. Maybe check that out and see if it helps you?

10. StillHere

From personal experience, I lost my depression soon after coming to terms with my sexuality, maybe you just need to figure things out? No one can tell you your gay or bi, you need to figure it out yourself, which can be tough, but take all the time you need.(*hug*)

11. Natalino

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You guys are amazing, thank you so much!