1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot accept sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Priiiide, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Priiiide

I am a lesbian, but I just CANNOT accept it. I always looks for reasons for why I'm gay an not straight or I'm always trying to find attractive guys and see if there is any attraction there. How can I accept it? :frowning2:

2. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel.. its really hard to accept it. For me it was so depressing I couldnt sleep, eat or do anything I enjoyed doing before. I kept thinking laying in my bed how everybody is expecting me to build a family, have kids, with a man, big house, everything is perfect. I always kept telling my parents its not gonna happen because I dont believe in those fairytales and I can live without man, but I thought someday I will meet a guy and I will be really happy. Yeah..had "crushes" for guys, it was awkward, no sparkles.. and I freaked out when I noticed my actions and thoughts around girls.. I NEVER noticed that.. I've done the same thing with attractive guys, I thought it would work, I mean they are smart, handsome, every girl wants it.. but in the end of the day I felt empty because it's not what I need.. I say think about pluses being who you are. It takes time but you will be really happy in the end :slight_smile: If you need to talk, let me know :icon_wink Good luck (*hug*)

3. fortheloveoflez

Hun,
    It's not that easy to accept. Even when you do accept there is no turning back and that you are indeed a lesbian, there might be some days where you will sit there and think "life would be easier if I were straight". I know, because even though I have no shame or guilt when I tell people that I'm a lesbian, I still have those days. I know that men aren't for me. I've dated the greatest guys out there and still nothing happened. I'm for women and women are for me; and at the end of the day there's nothing I can do about that. If you feel like crying then let it out.....after a while, this will become old news and you won't feel as bad as you do now.
    I definitely understand what you are going through. I've been out for three years and although things are definitely better I wouldn't say that they are perfect.
    Everything did feel perfect though when I went out with the girl of my dreams....then, and only then, did it feel totally worth it.
    Hugs

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to feel the same way, but I don't anymore. I stopped hanging onto the "what its" and just allowed myself to feel what I felt for women. It was intense, exciting and fulfilling; something I've never felt for a man. I do have kids, but things did not workout with their father and it took a lot for me to walk away. I wasn't strong enough to walk away, but once I found the courage to accept being gay, everything else fell into place.

Imagine yourself living your life with a woman, how does it make you feel? Now, imagine yourself living your life with a man, how does it make you feel? I knew that I could not be with another man long term because I'd just be pretending to be someone I am not.

Perhaps, you should make a list of all the reasons why you want to be straight. And a list of all the reasons why you do not want to be gay. Let me know me what you come up with and may be I can help you.

#4 pinklov3ly, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2013