1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Stupidest of Steps

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by LILuke, Oct 7, 2013.

1. LILuke

To a lot of you this is probably going to sound stupid, and it probably is, but for me this is actually pretty much the biggest actual step that I have taken so sue me if I'm just a little bit proud of myself. As I've said before in various places around this forum, I'm still having a very hard time coming to terms with a lot of things about my sexuality. Even on those days where I am able to find some degree of solace or certainty in what I think I still can't help but listen to that scared screaming voice that won't let go.

But you know what I've finally, that's okay. Because that's life isn't it? You're not going to have a little check mark to tell you when you've gotten it right, you've just gotta believe in what your heart tells you, even if on all other sides you're being told otherwise. So yes, I'm still scared and confused and coming to terms, and yes I'm still very much hidden away in the darkest recesses of this tiny closet that I have buried myself into, but at least now to myself, and here on EC, and to my friend Josh, I can have some tiny bit of certainty.

So I've ticked that filter from "Questioning". I'm not questioning anymore.

I don't think I'm Bisexual. I am Bisexual.

I just hope one day I'll be able to say those words without a sense of dread.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well done dude, first steps the hardest (until the second step! xD)

3. laut

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done! Saying that to yourself will help along the path to saying it to other people and living authentically.

4. SouthernPangun

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    (*hug*) I'm so proud of you! Congrats man!

5. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's great man! Hopefully from now on your mind can be at peace with the issue and lock it up in the done and dusted folder!

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats, that closet can be so confining and such an unbearable burden, good for you, it's in the heart where change begins!

7. Waffles

Congrats! :grin:

8. confused1234

Congrats man! And so you know, this is isn't stupid at all. I can't tell you how long it took me to say "I'm bisexual". For the longest time, it was "I might like dudes" or something similar. The first person you have to come out to is yourself, and you've done that now.

9. LILuke

Thanks to all the support guys. I'm hoping to maybe actually start telling some people in the coming months but I'm really not all that sure. Coming Out Day is a little too rapidly approaching for me, so I don't think I'm going to be joining in on that, but I have a tentative goal set for telling my family during winter break [though knowing me I'm not going to].