1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terribly Confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wreckage, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Wreckage

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi guys. My first post here.

I feel so confused right now that its not even funny. I don't know if Im bi or what I am.

Ever simce I was little I had liked guys. Guys only. Never once did I have a thought about girls. But when middle school and puberty hit everything changed. I thought the girls AND the guys were extremely attractive. I dreamed about holding another guy or girl. I wanted to hold hands with someone.

Several years later I got into a relationship with another guy. He was perfect. A few months after that I started feeling incomplete. Women all around me made me get butterflies. I wanted to hold a girl. I never told my boyfriend that, because I was terrified what he would think of me.
    Later on that relationship ended, but Im not gonna go into that story.

Im just really terrified and confused. My entire famiy and school is against homosexuality/bisexuality. And of course my church is against it.

I just hope someone on here can make me feel better :frowning2:

2. Soddit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you're just fluid? You don't care who you're with as long as they make you feel whole and complete?

3. Wreckage

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for your reply. Maybe I am.

4. StephenSC

I came on this forum for a similar reason to you, seeking support for a time of confusion. I was only interested in girls, until the day I wasn't (well after puberty in my case though)... It's a scary and confusing thing. (I still don't understand it myself)

I've now realized it doesn't matter, what (who) I am or what I am "labelled", as long as I am happy. It might take you some time to understand who you are, it might take time until you can find that happiness. But it will come in time, don't let fear stop you from looking.

I'm sorry I can't help you more specifically. One thing I want you to know is that even though it might seem like the world is against you, your school, family and church. There are people who have been through the same thing as you and have found happiness. And there are people who will support you no matter what. You are not alone.

5. Wreckage

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you much. You have no idea how much that helped me. :slight_smile:

6. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, seriously don't worry. A lot of people have been in your situation before and you've come to the right place for support and advice. School is definitely a hard time for non-heterosexual people, trust me, I go to a catholic school for boys, so I can relate, but you'll find that there are probably people in your school who are fine with it. I mean I haven't been stoned yet or damned to hell so that's a good sign XD what religion is your church? If it's christianity you'll find that most christian religions are against homophobia and are welcome to homosexuals/bisexuals, just certain ones have different policies on homosexual roles in the church, homosexual acts and marriage.

Anyway, basically be calm, take time to contemplate about it, maybe find a way to ask certain people on what they think about homosexuality/bisexuality. And remember that you always have your friends, who will support you no matter what you are, because otherwise they probably weren't real friends.

7. lilyblue89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm kind of going through the same thing, I have started seeing a girl but struggling with it as it is all new to me but she is so used to being with girls... yet I'm not.

I'm very confused about the whole thing and keep wanting to just not bother and give up which makes me think I don't like her but then why do I always want to be with her and love kissing her and being with her???

Makes no sense to me either.
    The people around you may struggle also with what you feel, I know this as when I tell my parents I know they are very traditional and will not take it well, but you need to explain to them that your sexuality does not make you who you are! You are still the person you always were! And you always will be :slight_smile: Be strong and believe in yourself lovely xx

8. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks :3 though I'm actually fine there, I'm pretty sure a lot of my friends are atheists as well as I am, so they're fine about it. I'm pretty open about it, my parents are catholic but they're fine with whatever I do, and so are my friends :grin: Really I'm fine about being gay, it's just I know there are people there who won't be so welcoming to it, but idk those people probably aren't my friends. Thanks anyway though c:

It appears you may be a little shy about it or at least you're confused how it'll work, it is your first relationship with a girl to be fair (from what I can read). Well, she has experience, why not talk to her about it? I'm sure she'll be very helpful for you, just tell her you're having trouble and you need a bit of guidance through it. I don't think she'll object. Good luck with it! :slight_smile:

9. lilyblue89

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Just terribly scared and not a clue why. I think I struggle to open myself up about it all xx