1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion about sexual orientation and attractions

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jables, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Jables

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, yesterday I told my girlfriend of almost six months that I am Bisexual.(I find specific men sexually attractive, but I have no desire to form emotional and intiment bonds) She's the first person I've ever told, and I was really comfortable and confident with how I felt when I told her. She was slightly uncomfortable with it but told me that she is bisexual as well but actually has the ability to form emotional bonds(which I think has partially to do with her discomfort). I've had small sexual relations with guys when I was very young. It was before I did it for any sexual satisfaction, but i believe it has made an impact on my sexual orientation. They were my age so it wasn't any form of abuse. Just experimentation.
    My problem now is that last night my girlfriend and I had sex with each other but I wasn't as interested in having sex with her as I normally would be. I was having trouble getting hard even though I wanted to have sex. I consider myself to be primarily hetero, because I like to be in cute relationships with girls and be the man and I also love the female form.
    I don't know if I'm just psyching myself out and am unable to get hard because I'm afraid of not being sexually attracted to women anymore or if I'm just not as attracted to my girlfriend specifically. I would be more comfortable with the idea of being homosexual if everything in my relationship I've worked for wasn't at risk. It's really concerning me.
    Also, I've always preferred to flirts with girls over guys
    What do you guys think?(!)

2. southtalent

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am 41. I struggled for years with the same confusion you have - liking the female form, being attracted to pretty girls, but really enjoying sex with men. I label myself bisexual and have come to terms with the fact that I like gay sex. So far, I have not had a deep relationship with a guy. But with my last breakup (my two year relationship with a girl ended in July), I decided to explore my sexuality. I have been on gay dating sites, and have gone on a lot of dates. I now better understand what I am attracted to in men - I like guys who are older than me, in their late 40's. I am seeing one guy - he is married but has an apartment in West LA. I am finding myself more and more excited to see him. Could be just because we have so much in common. Like a good friend. Don't know yet. The sex however is really great. I am keeping the label bisexual for now. Because I still find girls attractive. But trying to figure out if the only sex I really need is with men.

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't worry if it was only one time. Maybe you were stressed or something because of the conversation you had with her.