1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DerScott, Oct 11, 2013.

1. DerScott

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and would appreciate your input.

I have known about my "sexual flexibility" since I was in elementary school. In all that time, my same sex relationships, were purely sexual. Only one guy did I really develop really strong feelings for, in fact I believe I loved him. We started our relationship over ten years ago and after i moved to a dofferent city, we kept in touch and met up occasionally.

Anyway, I got married a few years ago to a wonderful woman who does not know about this part of me. I'm sure you've all heard (and felt) "these (same sex) feelings will just go away in time.

So here's the issue: this guy calls me every now and the. And I don't pick up. He emailed me a few months ago wondering what happened to me. We left things on kind of weird but not bad terms. So should I contact him? I don't mean in order to book up, but just to talk. I feel as though I am betraying my wife If I were to do this. Thoughts?

Thanks for reading. :slight_smile:

2. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, first of all thank you for being honest. A lot of people don't like outing this kind of stuff, so I appreciate that you are telling the truth. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to keep in touch, I'm sure just being friends with him won't affect your relationship. I mean, both people in a marriage still have to have social lives, right? You'll have to tell him you're married now, it seems like you are likely bisexual, so you might wanna tell him that to justify having a wife, since you did have sex with him (I presume?), but I'm sure he'll be fine. Is your wife fine with homosexuality? If so, you can be truthful that you were in a relationship with this guy when you were younger, a lot of people have had same-sex relationships then go on to have a heterosexual marriage, she might even relate!

tl;dr: Yes, get in touch with him, it wouldn't hurt anyone.

3. Werbinich

Get in touch with him. Don't let him make any wrong assumptions or false hope if your feelings for him had dissipated, as you mentioned. It's actually only fair for him to know your status.