1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel so lost and... lonely

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by somebody19, Oct 12, 2013.

1. somebody19

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello, everybody.

I've been reading this forum for a while now. Today I finally decided to make an account.

The problem is... well it is not a problem... I don't even know how to put it. I think that I am bisexual. I'm a girl and I've dated guys before. But also, ever since I was young I was kind of attracted to girls. The first crush like this happened when I was 14 years old. I wasn't in relationship with that girl because I was far too scared to tell her that I liked her. Plus she was straight, so there was no point in doing this. Then when I was 16 years old I had my first kiss with a girl and it was amazing. However it was just a drunken kiss, so the other girl that I kissed felt nothing back for me.

And now for the past 2 or 3 years I've been in love with my best friend. She's a girl and I seriously love her so much. I'm just not ready to tell her this. Heck, I'm not even ready to accept myself that I might be bisexual.

Now, I know that there's nothing wrong with being gay/bisexual. But my whole life I've been listening to how wrong it is... and... I don't know.

2. NouvelleVague

It's not wrong, it's just different.
    I love one of my girl best friend, I ain't gonna lie : it's difficult.
    But struggling and repressing parts of me for long enough, I can tell you, it's worth it to accept your feelings wholly. Love is love, really. This might sound a bit cheesy, but it really is :slight_smile:

3. WiliamRoberts

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can understand. In theory being gay/bi is not an issue, but when you think of people knowing, it suddenly becomes less easy : / As for the girl, I think we've all had crushes in the closet, you don't need to worry about it.

This site should help, it's good to be able to talk about these things, and might make you feel a bit more excepting of your self :slight_smile:

4. somebody19

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Yeah loving my best friend sucks. It hurts so much sometimes, especially now that she has a boyfriend :frowning2:

I'm trying really hard to accept myself. I'm just afraid, I guess >.<

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2013 at 01:19 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:.

I really hope that this site will finally help me with these things that I'm going through right now ^^

5. Cerith23

I think you need to list the reasons you think being gay or bi is wrong, and then address them one by one. People on here can help: many of us have faced them ourselves. You have these feelings: now you need to accept them. You clearly like girls, and you've dated guys. Do you like guys as well, or have you just dated them out of the need to fit in? I think that will help you decide if you are bi or gay :slight_smile:

6. fortheloveoflez

It can be really hard to brush off all that social indoctrination of "girl meets boy" not "girl meets girl". I know.

You need to realize though that it's not your problem that you feel that way. Everyone else who thinks wrongly of lesbianic feelings aren't being logical and are the one's with the problem.

If you are in love with her, and you think there's no way you could naturally fall out of love with her, I'd suggest you tell her how you feel. That way, if she requits it'll be cool. If not, you will have a chance to move on. It's better to know now than later right?

I wish you luck.

7. ChloeAllison

I am really glad you had the courage to join up. Your right it will help your view of yourself. Reading your story was like looking in a mirror. It can be so hard to be when your raised around homophobia to have a hard time excepting who you are even if ideologically you accept others for who they are.
    One of the things that helped me was seeing that there are other people out their who have such beautiful stories and happy marriages. It helped me feel like I wasn't letting go of what I pictured my future to be and made me actually feel like I could fit in that future.
    Best of luck and know you will always have our support here :slight_smile:

8. somebody19

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay, so I've been reading this forum a lot lately. Well there's this girl in our school, who is also bisexual, and everybody knows this. We weren't friends or anything, but I told her a month ago that I might be bi, so she said if I ever needed anything, I could always go to her for help.

So today I was finally couragous enough to go to her. And we talked. She told me her story and she helped me understand and accept this feelings that I have. It's not that I'm 100% okay with this that I'm bi, but I'm getting there. I feel a lot less lonely now. It feels really great :slight_smile:

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you'd heard you're whole that is was ok, you wouldn't feel so upset by this.

10. lowkey

lowkey Guest

at the same time, its all these movies and tv shows, everyone around you, you get to watch living a life that is not available to you... a feeling of missing out for me

11. NouvelleVague

I'm glad you talked to the girl :slight_smile:
    You should know that it's perfectly okay to fall in love for your friends. It's sad, but well, when you think about it, it happens to pretty much anyone. Boys/girls friendship ? Never believed in that. There's always something behind ! Well... Kinda same stuff if you're gay, except that sometimes, you might feel creepy. Just know you're not alone in this, and..."I feel you, Bro" :'(