1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some things a guy might do if he's struggling with his sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RGX Guy, Jun 3, 2008.

1. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

The guy I like is really straight acting.
    He used to act like he had a small crush on me and then he just started shunning me a lot. I guess he felt he was getting too close if he wasn't straight.

So slowly but surely he started talking to me more and more kind of like we used to; except now he treats me more of a buddy ya know?

Kinda depressing but at least I didn't drive him away.
    What are some things that a straight guy would do who was struggling with the thought of liking another guy?

I was always ok with my sexuality so I have no clue.
    I'm not sure how it happened I just knew I liked both sexes.

At least if girls go extinct (god forbid) I wouldn't be lonely. Lol.

Johnny smd likes this.
  2. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Does he know you're gay? If you're very close why not ask him how he feels about you? Be honest and tell him why you're asking.

There are some stickys in this section about struggling with being gay. They may be of help.

3. jayy237

if they are struggling and trying to fight against it, i'd guess they would act more rigid than usual, checking their behaviour.
    or else take on the opposite behaviouu - reaction formation in the words of the great man. so may get a girlfriend, or anything that they may think makes them look gay.

although these behaviours can be interpreted in may ways. in a very crude example, you could always say 'he doesnt like <insert film here> becauuse hes scared it makes him look gay', when he may not actually like the film

4. Trumpetplyer23

It just depends on the person. For example, I know a girl that I *think* (I'm not 100% sure) is struggling with her sexuality. I mean, I've never heard her talk about how hot a guy is and when questioned about guys, she changes the subject. However, this isn't proof, it's just a theory.

That applies to your situation, get to know the guy a little better, drop hints about how you're okay with homo/bisexuality, and eventually come out to him. This will show him two things, one, there are people in the world who aren't homophobic idiots and two, you trusted him enough to tell him who you truly are. All in all, it will build the trust in the relationship up to an extreme amount and he might come out to you.s

5. KaraBulut

Everyone has their own way of dealing with their attractions to other people. For some people, they express it in a "best buds" kind of way. Others are more comfortable and are willing to try more emotional and physical ways.

Either way, you can't know what your friend is feeling unless he tells you. And you can't rush him in expressing it. You can only let him know that you are his friend and that you'll accept him either way.

Or as Lex often says, "Talk to him. Not us. Him." (*hug*)

6. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Hmmm.... those ideas are so much easier said than done.
    Hopefully we're going to the movies this weekend.

Hopefully I can sit next to him and maybe try to lean my leg on his and see how he reacts. That should be a good test right?

7. Poring

Joking around on the topic of being gay and the like might be good? Like talk about how gay marriage might be legalized in California and stuff like that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Trumpetplyer23

Not really, because if he's struggling with his sexuality, and you start flirting with him (even if it is harmless) and he discovers he likes it, he could freak out.

I think you should build the trust in the relationship. Trust is one of the BIGGEST things in a relationship of any kind. If he feels he can trust you, then maybe he'll tell you he's struggling.

Trying to force his sexuality out of him will probably push him away from you.

9. Gumtree

Im sticking by my philosophy!

If they can't accept, aren't comfortable with or don't even know their sexuality then their not ready to come out or for a relationship.

Sorry to be so blunt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Lol. Its cool. I'm not sure if I should go into a rant of nasty names or just go to sleep.
    Hmmm. I might feel better after saying nasty things in my hurt, anger, and irritation. Haha.

I sent him a message about this weekend and he read it but didn't respond.
    I wouldn't but as hurt if he didn't say he wanted to chill with me this weekend.

Idk why he's so freaking wishy washy.... Am I making too big of a deal out of it?
    I just don't see why its so hard to talk on a consistent basis. I almost want him to stop talking to me all together so I can move on. Cause he does that crap all the time and I mentioned it once when he was actually talking to me and he just ignored it and changed the subject. I hate being ignored not to sound like a brat but its annoying.