1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i reading too much into this?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by p0cketchange, Oct 13, 2013.

1. p0cketchange

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So i'm 14, and i've been questioning my sexuality for a long time now, but i've always had a nagging thought in the back of my head saying that it's just a phase...

So a few days ago, i had a friend over for the night, we had lots of fun, and i didn't think i was attracted to her. But when we went to watch a movie (we were both sleeping in one double bed) she started playing footsie with me. Which i wasnt going to think about too much, she was probably just playing right? But then when we went to go to sleep, she started cuddling with me, and i don't think she's gay, i just think she likes tye company. But I really liked it and i wanted her to keep doing it... i dont know if i like her, or if i just like doing that with a girl, or if i just like being close with someone... idk could someone please help?

2. Abbra

It could honestly be a mixture of all three things. You are 14 after all. Developing a sudden crush on someone is hardly unheard of when you're a young teenager. Hell, it still happens to me on occasion.

What's important is that just because you like her, you don't assume that you are going to end up together. Since you are young, you are still kind of finding things out about yourself. Don't let liking someone eat you up.

3. Haze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As Abbra said, it could very well be a mixture of all three of those things. Or it could just be one of them. Or even none of them. The point is that it's probably going to be something that you're going to have to figure out on your own. But here's the good news, you're still young and no-one expects you to have a clear idea of what you want yet.
    This could be a phase, if so then see it through to the end and enjoy where it takes you. If not then you may have figured yourself out faster than a lot of people out there. :grin: Try not to question yourself too much at this point. Just explore yourself and the world around you and the answer will probably come to you in time.
    As to your friend, my advice is wait and watch and analyse your feelings. And try not to become too infatuated.
    Ultimately there's only so much that we can do to help you figure yourself out, but we'll do our best and it's up to you to fill in the rest. But don't worry, that's the fun part... mostly. Be open to yourself and the world around you and you should be fine. Best wishes!

4. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The main thing is to only do things that you feel ready and comfortable for and if you start to feel uncomfortable or uncertain about what's happening then to ask your friend (or whoever) to stop, or take yourself out of the situation. You can always come back to it later when you're ready. But if you do feel comfortable with it, there's no harm in a bit of cuddling, you seem to be aware that it may or not mean something more than friendship.

Maybe you could come out to your friend (not when you're in bed together probably) - that way, if she is gay she might come out to you and you can decide if you like each other, and if she's straight she might decide not to cuddle in bed any more because of how you might take it. Only if you want to though, I'm not saying it's the right choice, just a suggestion.

Good luck.

5. p0cketchange

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you guys, i'm still really confused but it's great to know that i'm not alone!

6. lowkey

lowkey Guest

id just like to point out that me and my other friend played 'footsies' before. hes entirely straight.