1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you know you were Bi? ( Or gay/trans/lesbian/whatever)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by momart, Oct 14, 2013.

1. momart

For Bi's : Are you aroused by different parts of either genders body? Are you emotionally attracted to both and what does that mean for you? Sexually attracted?

For gays/Lesbians: was there a moment in your life that was significant? Describe it.

Anyone else: What did it mean for you to find out, how did you find out? Was anything ever a phase?

2. Im Just Me

I'm Bi. Though, to be honest, I'm kinda new to being open about this (open really just being online and with one other, unless someone were to ask me specifically, in which case I wouldn't lie) so anyway, I dunno if I'll be a lot of help.

But anyway, I'm without a doubt sexually attracted to other girls. Very much so.
    I am not really sexually/physically attracted to guys. I'm not really repulsed or anything, but just kind of uninterested?
    However, I am definitely emotionally attracted to guys.
    I don't know if I'm emotionally attracted to girls. I probably would be, if I gave it a chance, but I've kinda kept myself busy with dating guys and trying to ignore my possible feelings for girls until recently so I am not really sure.

3. Cerith23

I'm emotionally attracted to both guys and girls, and more sexually attracted to guys, although I like boobs and am sometimes sexually attracted to women with masculine traits. To me romantic attraction is wanting to kiss, cuddle, date, show off, spend time together - more in the companionship and I-want-to-be-with-you-my-whole-life feelings. It is different to friendship. I don't want to kiss my friends.

Sexual attraction... Well, I think that's a lot less ambiguous. Lust, plain and simple, and wanting to jump their bones. I get that more powerfully with guys, although the idea of, *ahem* rubbing up against women's boobs does turn me on. The idea of a masculine woman being in control also sexually attracts me.

Guys: I have a hands and back fetish. Girls: It's a less specific thing, just generally legs, boobs, bum... etc.

I've always liked guys. The girl thing has only been around for a couple of years, although it has gotten stronger.

4. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been attracted to girls, but when I was 11 I basically realised that I was gay. It wasn't big, it was just like I though about it and I was like "oh ok" and that was it.

5. UG Scorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    im defo bi but I do lean strongly towards gay. then again I love woman for who they are. I look horrible when you first meet me but deep down I like you. it all depends on how you feel each day.

6. Miss Loopy

I vary from day to day. The only thing that changes is who I am romantically attracted to, as I'm constantly attracted to both physically.

7. Wild Poodle

I knew I wasn't into boys when I was 9 and I first saw 'Fergie - Fergalicious' on MTV.

C'mon! She was freakin' hot back in 2006. :lol:

And maybe when I was about 6 and my mom had a long conversation with me 'cause I often used to draw naked women with boobs. Big boobs. :grin:

8. arcchi

Hm... Here my thing, in my life i just have two big crush: a boy and (actually) a girl
    I classify myself as bi, but i just can see myself having sexual things with woman, and at the same time i have sexual atraction to man (but i think penis are gross *no ofense dudes*)...
    So there's it, since with boys are just kiss and cuddles, i'm into it. But truly i'm more into girls

9. Split Arrows

Well as far as what I'm attracted to in a woman, that's easy. A firm butt, curves, and a big nose (I know it's weird).

With men it's hard to say exactly what it is. A nice, toned body is hot but there's more in faces that get to me. A good smile, but mostly it's the eyes. When a man can look me in the eye and see into the heart of me and break my walls down with a piercing glance, I stop in my tracks.

10. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew I was bi because I found myself sexually attracted to both males and females, and didn't see any reason to rule out a relationship with either.

Yes, I am aroused by/attracted to completely different things in men vs. women.

And yes, I am emotionally and sexually attracted to both. Emotionally, that means I can see myself falling in love with either. But I am more emotionally attracted to women, which means I can more easily see myself in a long term relationship with a woman than with a man...but can't rule out either.

11. tallygirl1128

I'm bi but I lean more towards the girls.
    I find most things about girls attractive: breasts, butt, figure. But really gets me is their personality. If I'm emotionally attracted to them, I can look past appearances.
    I find guys to be attractive on the outside but when it comes to sex and those parts, I find them disgusting. I can't see myself doing anything with a guy in any way.

However, the number one thing that gets me hot is their voice. Whether it is a accent or a singing voice, I will fall in love with just a voice. It doesn't matter what gender :slight_smile:

12. AliceHutchins

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am heavily heavily more attracted to women but I'm more emotionally attracted to guys. Still working out if I just havn't found the right girl or not. But I like my men to look like men and my women to look like women. Just a preference thing.

on guys: I like how big they are. I like broad chests and big hands. I like feeling small underneath them but I don't think c**ks are especially attractive things tbh. I also like guys with long hair and facial hair.

with women: I pretty much like everything. Hair especially, bums especially. I mean women are works of art. They're stunning. And I do like the look of p***ys and the taste too. The whole thing I find generally more gratifying.

13. lovely lesbian

I've only realised in the last few months that I was gay women always turned me that way and men didn't at all

14. StephenSC

I'm not actually sure that I am bi yet... I may just have some type of seriously complicated bromance /bro-crush. But here my bit anyway...

For guys: I've only ever found this one guy I'm very interested in to be physically attractive, which started when I was 25. Really I'm into all of him, he's got a nice body well defined with perfect skin, complexion and amazing eyes. With others I can appreciate features I like (or I'd like), such as toned muscles (not super masculine, just shapely and defined well enough to be noticeable) but I can't find them "attractive". For emotional connection it is the same. He is the only guy I have an emotional interest in, which started a little earlier then I found him attractive.

For girls: I've always been able to form emotional connections with girls and been physically attracted to them. Mainly breasts and hands. (I like smallish, smooth hands...) Mind you I've only ever been attracted physically or emotionally too a few girls.

15. momart

Pretty much the exact same as you. I feel weak for certain long haired gentlemen. I too like to feel small or safe around guys...and I'm tall so it's hard. Penises don't gross my out but I don't know what to do around them or with them...they intimidate me...I want to feel more comfortable and I like penetrative sex
    With women I appreciate everything and certain women captivate me but I'm still unsure whether that's sexual attraction. I am more easily aroused with girl on girl action, but I still don't feel comfortable doing anything with a girl myself.

16. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The ways I'm attracted to males and females are different in terms of romantically and sexually attracted. I haven't got my head around it all yet.

I thought being bi had been a teenage phase, but the feelings never really went away and came back full force a few years later after a long-term relationship ended.

17. lucilu2718

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Until last week I defined myself as bisexual. I had sex with a boy before but it was nothing special. I have had three big crushes in girls also. For me, realising I am lesbian was being aware that I love women, that I don't feel for men what I feel for women and I would rather prefer being alone the rest of my life than being with a guy.

18. Dia

Dia

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'm sexually attracted to both men and women. I could definitely sleep with both, but I didn't realize it since last year! I mean it never occur to me that checking girls out (mostly breasts) through middle school wasn't the effects of puberty. Girls are so AWSOME!!!
    But when it comes to guys, it's mostly about their body.
    Now emotionally... Well, here's the thing : I've only been romantically attracted to two guys and both of them were friends of mine...So yeah....it's pretty complicated. And I've always felt this pressure that I "had" to like guys and everyone around me had a crush and I was like "meh"
    But when it comes to girls, the connection and excitement is in a whole new level. I'm currently into a girl and it's the first time I've ever been into someone that much and for so long! It's a way different experience!

19. PeytonRose

I consider myself bi and for me it just kinda one day clicked. Like a light bulb going on in my head that showed me that I was attracted to guys. As far as what parts of their anatomy? An alluring smile would probably melt me as well as strong shoulders. Or a strong physique. I don't want a "ripped" guy who is self absorbed and only loves the mirror. But I am attracted to in shape guys. Or chubby guys. I know I'm sexually attracted. I think about having gay sex and the thought is nothing short of exciting and arousing.

Emotionally? A shy nerd is probably what I would like to date most but that could very easily be in a perfect world. If I found someone who wasn't a complete self absorbed person and sees me for who I am, what I want to be, and fights for what he (or she) believes in, then that person would obviously get my heart.

20. flatlander48

When I originally came to grips with my sexuality, I really thought that I was gay. However, after a few years and the dust finally settling, I realized that the driving force was a bit of infatuation. It wasn't giving me a true picture. When things slowed down, it was clear that the attraction to females was still there in addition to being attracted to males.

That didn't bother me. I was just happy that I had finally sorted things. It defused a lot of stuff for me.

We often hear about people passing through bisexuality on their way to gayness. It's a bit funny to me that my path was just the opposite. Always the contrarian, I guess...

As far as specifics are concerned, in both cases legs, bottoms and acres of smooth skin are strong attractions. Putting up a good front is also appreciated!

#20 flatlander48, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013