1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disability - Its Impact On Our Sexual/Social Lives

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Zeevie, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Zeevie

Hi :smilewave

I'm Zeevie, I'm 23 and I have Cerebral Palsy - a physical disability that affects my legs, mobility, balance, flexibility etc.

My disability has been a major factor in every aspect of my life, but especially with regards to my own journey into dating and sexual exploration both emotionally and physically.

I was just wondering, if there are any disabled people out there that have struggled with not only their sexuality but the impact their disability has had on their romantic/social lives?

x

PS: I'm new, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong category. Please let me know if that's the case and I'll rectify it accordingly :slight_smile:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Zeevie, welcome to EC!

You are a welcome arrival to our "shores", and you raise some really important issues and questions regarding sexuality and disabilities.

I hope you will find others like you among us who can share with you what they have gone through. Equally, I'm sure we can all learn from you what courage and persistence mean when it comes to dating and loving with a disability.

Again welcome to EC! I hope you find what you need, and I hope that we may all be blessed with getting to know you!

3. Zeevie

Thank you so much :slight_smile: This is a wonderful community, I'm so happy I stumbled across it, and at this time in my life specifically too. I look forward to sharing stories with others and getting to know all you lovely people :grin: