1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay, bi ... Or just very sexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by DerScott, Oct 15, 2013.

1. DerScott

Hi everyone,

I am somewhat new to this site and learning how to navigate. However, this seems to be the right place for me.

So, for me, sexually I am primarily attracted to men and over the years have enjoyed sexual intimacy with more than a few. With that said, aside from one guy, I have felt no emotional connection and preferred to have short term (one nighters), I don't know why. The one guy that I had feelings for, I was very uncomfortable...when he suggested we were falling in love, I changed the subject (even though I was thinking he same way).

On the other hand, I do feel emotionally connected to women and chose to marry a female (who does not know about this aspect of my sexuality), to whom I have remained faithful and love very much. But even after a few years of marriage, when I fantasize, or even dreaming, it is almost exclusively man-man in nature.

So questions are, since I am emotionally connected to women, but am sexually attracted primarily attracted to me, what does that make me? Gay, bi, straight? Also, I would value opinions on what to do with all this. Where does this leave me in a "coming out" scenario? I don't like hiding anything from my wife, in fact, I despise not being completely up front...but since I don't even know what to "label" myself, I don't even know what I would say.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

2. AliceHutchins

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    idk but I'm the same. Thought it would help to know there's another out there :slight_smile:

3. DerScott

Thanks :slight_smile: I just read yours too. We do seem to be in a similar situation!

4. AliceHutchins

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah, yours is stickier than mine though. I have decided that the only thing I can do is explore it because if I don't, I'll always wonder I guess and I told him how I feel and so now I think he'll always wonder too.
    I've decided that for now being single and exploring my feelings are the best thing I can do.
    Have you tried asking your wife about it? I always think honesty is the best policy.

5. DerScott

I think honesty is the best policy ... Most of the time. The only reason I say only most of the time, is due to me not wanting to hurt her feelings.

In a way, I wish that I had not sexually explored to begin with, as it affirmed what I already thought. Oh well, i guess that's why I'm here--to try and. Figure it out. :slight_smile:

6. Reddy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So what is your sex life with your wife like? Is it satisfying? Is there any sexual attraction whatsoever? If there is then perhaps those are grounds for considering yourself bisexual? All you stated in your post is that you are primarily interested in men, not that you are not interested, at all, in women.