Do I have to like girls all the time to be bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by clairemont, Oct 15, 2013.

1. clairemont

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I like girls, but not all the time. Like sometimes I will get a sudden craving to imagine myself making out with a girl and engaging in super hot sex. But then sometimes I will feel 'meh' and dont really care for girls. This is coming from a 'straight' girl - I like guys for sure. But Ive never experimented with a girl IN REAL LIFE (in the flesh), but the mere idea of kissing or making out with a girl and feeling each other is super sexy to me. I have a good feeling I would enjoy it, but then sometimes I feel like I dont like girls.

2. Haze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm exactly the same way. As in exactly. There are times where I'm not that interested in girls at all, and others where it's pretty much all I want. I classify myself as bisexual because to deny this side of me would feel like shutting out a whole block of myself.
    So, no, you don't have to like girls all the time to be bisexual. Sexuality is ridiculously fluid, as heaps of people here I'm sure will tell you. It is perfectly fine to be unsure of yourself for a while (god knows I was), but if you like the term bisexual, if you feel that it applies to you then by all means use it and define it however you want.
    It's your label and your life and your loves, and no-one can tell you what you should or shouldn't call yourself and if they try then they don't know what they're talking about.

3. clairemont

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yay, someone who gets me! I was beginning to worry that there was something wrong with me, like I don't even know what I want anymore.
    I am interested in girls, but I think I will just tell people that I am a 'straight' girl, who is, however, very open to experimenting with other girls. I will say it subtly. (To deal with homophobic friends and strangers)

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Claire. I thought I'd add myself to Haze's heap and reinforce her assertion that sexuality is fluid, and (at least) doubly so for bisexuals. You pattern of attractions definitely sounds compatible with bisexuality (I had that same pattern when I was your age, but with boys).

But take it slow, and realize you are under no pressure to define yourself for anyone. Only do what feels right at the time you do it. Own a label only when/if you feel you've experienced enough to be comfortable with that label. And enjoy the journey of self-discovery...with care, it'll last you a lifetime!

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's about where I am. My attraction comes and goes for either gender. But it's been constantly wavering in a steady pattern for half my life. I think it's safe to say it isn't a phase.

6. GirlWhoWaited

That's pretty normal. I can switch from one day to the next if we're only talking about physical interest. Lately, I've been REALLY into girls. Sometimes...not so much. It's okay to fluctuate a bit, or even a lot...particularly if you're still in the early stages of figuring out your sexuality. Embrace it. It means you're growing as a person. :slight_smile: