1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Don't Know :(

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Case, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    So to give a little background. I've always considered myself straight. I had crushes on guys since I was in middle school, but now when I look back, I know that I always had this curiosity about girls. I never thought it as attract, but rather just that I liked them. However, I'm not so sure now. I've only ever dated two guys in my life and that was in high school. No relationships with anyone for going on 6 years. Long time. When in college I met guys that I thought were attractive, but I would never pursue anything. I usually blame this on my lack to commit if I don't see any future. I do have commit issues, but that's another story. Recently though, since Senior year in college and this following year I have been questioning myself. I am now looking at women differently then before. I've also become so curious that I've researched and watched shows like, "the L word", "I can't think straight", and "world unseen". When I see these shows I do feel attracted in a way to the women. I can't really explain it. I've never kissed a women or had thoughts in high school, but I'm having a lot know. What is confusing me more is that I met this girl a year ago. She's a very out lesbian and in a long-distance relationship. At first, I just liked her as a person. However, the more time I've been with her is making me feel different. I love being around her and I purposely schedule times to visit her. Now I think she is still seeing someone, so I will never go there. But, it's my feelings that are scaring me. Am I really actually attracted to women or am I just curios at the idea of it. Am I just lonely and have decide to become attracted to anyone. I'm stressed out. Any thoughts...Please.

2. Waffles

No need to stress over things sweetie. D: The fact that you are acknowledging the idea that you might be attracted to women is a huge accomplishment within itself. Give yourself a pat on the back. ^^

Now, in all honesty, I can without a doubt say that you do sound rather curious in having a relationship with a woman. But it's not like a "I am gonna lower my standards to anyone with a pulse". From the way you described hanging out with your lesbian friend, you sound like you genuinely feel comfortable around other women and you often think about what it would be like to either kiss or date another woman. It truthfully sounds like that a small part of you that has always existed has finally made itself known to you, this part being your attraction to women. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Now, do you feel any sexual attraction to women as well?

So, in summary, you definitely sound like you are homocurious (look at that, I made up a term) in which you are definitely curious about pursuing a romantic relationship with a woman. I guess I would have to say that one way you can put your mind at ease is to find someone who is willing to experiment with you and see how you enjoy romantic interactions with another woman.

Keep strong and keep us posted! :3

3. Case

Thank you. You said a lot of things that I knew , but just wouldn't admit. I guess I just need to hear it from someone else. And I feel attracted to certain women, but I don't know if sexually. Truthfully, I haven't been with anyone in that manner. That's really just from the lack of any serious relationship, and I don't do hook ups, it's not really me. It's to get my mind wrapped around the idea of that still. I will see if I can maybe work up the courage to experiment, but I'm a pretty shy or private person. My best friend, the one that is Bi, is the outgoing one who usually pushes me to go out. But I think you are right about being homocurious. I'll keep you posted. I'm going out this weekend, maybe I'll see if I can work up the courage to talk to her about it. Thank you for the advice and your thoughts. It really helped.

4. Case

Well, I told two of my friends that I am homocurious :slight_smile: When I told them, they didn't seem to surprised...which made me wonder?? They were actually kind of excited and really supportive.

They told me that I just need to get out there and meet some women. Scary. I wasn't good at meeting men when I liked them.

5. lovely lesbian

Well that is great that they were supportive of you and if you are gay then at least you know your friends are there for you x

6. pattyspath

pattyspath Guest

I agree with Lovely...it's great that your friends support you. You are young...I see no harm in experimenting with this at least. :slight_smile:

7. Case

Thank you :slight_smile: Well I don't know what I am yet...lesbian, Bi, pansexual (possibility). That part is still undecided. I know what I am not though, and that is straight.

I had a hard enough time meeting men, I don't even know where to start in meeting women. I'm kind of hopeless really :slight_smile:

8. Peach

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You should be proud of yourself for having the courage to admit that you are not straight, to both yourself and to your close friends. Chin up girlie, you have so much to discover about yourself, don't forget to enjoy it!

9. Minidragon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Haha, I am new here and here is the last post before I could post on people's wall. But you got a really interesting story. I know myself being gay literally at 24 years old. Girls are also sometimes attractive to me. I had several pretty female friends and I like to be around with them. Even last year, I worked with a very pretty German girl and we had a lot of laugh when we chat and play. but when i imagine the future life, i know it is different. i like to wake up beside a man and do some intimate things with man. I dont know, maybe sometimes, dont ask your brain, ask your body:slight_smile:

#9 Minidragon, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  10. Case

:slight_smile: Thank you. I will try to remember that.

Whenever I try to imagine myself in the future with someone I could see myself with a man for sure, but I can also see that I would be happy with a certain woman. For me, I don't see sex as much anymore. I see the individual. I'm an odd person and I'm only attracted to certain people. I've noticed sometimes too that it doesn't matter to me what they look like. The more I am attracted to thier personality the more I see them as physically attractive. I think that is what happened this past year. I like this girls personality greatly and the way she just gets me, that I've become more physically attracted to her.

She called me the other day. I freaked and almost dropped the phone and missed her call. I haven't talked to her in over a month (on purpose). I wanted to distance myself. But it was great talking to her which just clears things up even more for me. So I guess that is good :icon_sad: