1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight, lesbian, then straight again

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Jacib, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Jacib

I've questioned my sexuality off and on since about fourth grade, but I always made excuses for my attraction to other girls. Then about eight months ago I started thinking about it again, I decided not to make excuses this time and accept whatever I ended up as. Gradually I realized I definitely liked girls, but wasn't so sure about guys. (I was almost positive I wasn't straight) Now my feelings have flip-flopped and I know I like guys but I'm not so sure about girls.

I know I'm probably over analyzing but I can find both sexes attractive. (Guy parts look kinda strange to me though) and I've only really had crushes on guys, but it's always about looks, never personality.

I'm kind of worried this is just a phase because I've questioned it before and always came to the conclusion that I was straight.
    Does anyone have advice for me? I Wish I could just figure this out so I can stop thinking about it.

2. Lettherainfall

Well only you can decide what you are but I will tell you about my story. For the longest time I had trouble figuring out if I was lesbian or Bi because I like girls romantically and sexually but only liked guys romantically meaning I could fall in love with a guy personality wise and want to hug them,hold hands and cuddle but when it comes to sex or thier physical features I am just not attracted to that.I always thought of lesbian if I were to come out but lesbian and Bisexual just didn't feel right.So I started doing some research and I found what Biromantic means which is mostly used by asexuals but it means your attracted to both genders romantically .So you can be Biromantic hetrosexual which means you are straight but you like girls romantically.Hope I made sense.Sexual orientation is a whole spectrum not just Lesbian,gay or straight.But most homo/hetro even if they are biromantic don't really say it because most people in a relationship want sex even if it rarely not to be sexist but especially guys.:help:

3. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be bisexual but lean more towards dating men which is perfectly fine. Don't stress your self out so much if you like someone then don't pay attention to their gender; I know easier said than done. Truthfully we as a society are so hung up on labels and the gender we tend to forget its not about the gender or the "label" you feel most comfortable with but rather about being with someone that makes you happy. If you find your self crushing on someone guy or girl and the feelings are mutual then go for it.