1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tough time accepting

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Rainbows~Exist, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Rainbows~Exist

Through my previous post I can now see that yes I'm probably gay but there are a number of things that are holding me back from acceptance of me being gay. First of all, I don't know how people I know will react to the news of me being gay and what impact it will have at my life in school. There are literally no gay people in my area that I know of and I can only suspect whether someone is gay or not. I've been bullied in the past
    and I don't want to go through it all again just because some ignorant bigot thinks that being gay is wrong. I also don't want things to be awkward between me and my family. I know they'll accept me but I'm not sure if I'll be comfortable with them as much as I was in the past. I just want to be accepted for who I am regardless of my orientation.

2. NouvelleVague

It's okay, you can take your time :slight_smile:
    Coming out is a process you get to do at your own pace :slight_smile: It can take you weeks, months, years: it all depends on how comfortable your are with the notion. If you're only beginning to see and accept that you're gay, then, you're probably not about telling the whole word just yet... Maybe try and discuss it with your family, like...
    Well, when I started questioning my sexuality, I was like 'Hey, well, mum, dad, I might be bisexual or something' just doing some thinking. That allows you to 'prepare' them, and let them know you're having doubts. It'll help while you start to grow comfortable with your orientation :slight_smile: