1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm a lesbian or not...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BethTheFangirl, Oct 19, 2013.

1. BethTheFangirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay, I'm new to this site and I came here because I just thought this was the only place I could come for help.

Anyway, here's my problem.

I have a boyfriend who loves me tons, but I don't really feel for him the same way. I do love him, but as a friend... And it's been that way with every boyfriend I've ever had.

I never really /want/ to kiss him, or hug him or hold his hand... Whenever I think about doing so, I kinda cringe a little. I also feel uncomfortable when he puts his hands around my waist.
    Now I know this is /not/ normal for a typical teenage girl.

... But, when I think about being with a girl, I feel happy inside. I've also kissed a girl before and I loved it. I know it sounds kinda strange, but I used to have dreams about being with another girl when I was a small child.

I know it sounds really obvious but... I really need a second opinion.

Thanks for reading. :icon_bigg

2. Lipstick Leuger

You are probably lesbian.

I felt the same way about boys as you do when I was younger. I dated many boys, trying to make me feel something for them past like, and engaged in sex with them because that is what you did, hoping beyond hope to find the 'right' one. Once I kissed a girl, it was like a sign flashed saying "yup, you're a lesbian! Guys have NEVER made you feel this way". It was one of the most amazing things in my life. I know that a male could never make me feel the excitement, the butterflies in my stomach, and the giddiness I have when I am with a girl. So what if my Prince Charming is a Princess.

You are young yet, so don't feel pressured to lable yourself. Just be you, and go where your heart takes you. If you find a gal attractive, date her.

My youngest(14) just came out last year to me as Bi, and I gave her the same advice.

3. BethTheFangirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so much for your reply, this helped me a lot.

And I think your right, I'm gonna wait until I'm a little older to label myself.

4. Biotech49

Oh boy - you sound like me as a teenager, young adult, and as a middle aged woman. Lipstick Leuger has it right. I NEVER had physical feelings for guys and I tried to, with several. Got married TWICE. Still, nothing. Thought something was wrong with me but then I figured it out. I kind of knew all along but would never admit it to myself because I wasn't supposed to (I was a fundamentalist Christian for a long time).

Don't worry about the labels. Just be who you are.