1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Powrie, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Powrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    For 7 years I have been having an affair with a transgender person. I am male who enjoys being the bottom and likes to give oral sex. Your thoughts please on my sexual orientation. I am also attracted to females and enjoy vaginal sex with them.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome, Powrie, to EC!

Your question reminds me of the guy who upon first meeting a vendor asks: what is the price?

A wise vendor would say, let's get to know each other first, otherwise you'll never understand the price...Before this question can be answered, and most likely only by you, let's get to know each other a little. Four little sentences just won't be enough for anything!

Enjoy your stay!

3. Powrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Interesting analogy. Thanks. I guess I was really looking for opinions.

4. penguin machine

Try this s a better question: Am I happy?

If you can answer that with any confidence, then no other question really matters. It never really matters anyways. Happiness comes first, regardless of what you call yourself. Your short post certainly indicates that you're satisfied in your relationship. I'd say that's good enough. Are you gay? I'd say you're in love.

5. Powrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  6. Randomette

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nothing you mentioned necessarily means you're gay.

Transgender is a state, not a gender. You didn't mention which one, but they're either a transgender girl or a transgender guy. If you're a guy, and they're a trans girl (born biologically male), I'd still call that a straight relationship. If you're a girl, and they're a trans guy (born biologically female), I'd still call that a gay relationship.

Then again, judging by your use of the word affair, it doesn't really sound like a relationship. It sounds more like you're getting an occasional sexual fix from them. If that's the case, that's probably contributing to your confusion.

When you say you enjoy being a bottom to other guys, I'm guessing you're saying you enjoy anal sex and the act of performing oral sex to men. That doesn't make you gay, either. I've known tons of guys who like strap-on play with girls or even who occasionally like sex with men, but in terms of emotional and general physical attraction, are 100% straight. You don't really see it in the straight vanilla world, but I've got gay dom friends who play with straight guys who live 100% straight lives aside from their occasional meetings with him. There are def a bunch of guys with interests like yours. It's not that rare. They just never talk about it.

There's a big difference between finding something physically stimulating and having the urge to do it occasionally and having it really click for you in a way that determines gay or straight.

So you've kinda got two options, the way I figure it.

Option one is to accept that you're a guy who has a wider range of sexual tastes than the average guy and leave it at that.

Option two is to genuinely question your sexual attraction. That involves asking deeper questions. Like do you feel an emotional attraction to men? Who are you really _attracted_ to? Like what gender drifts to mind when you're playing with yourself? Who catches your eye in public? I have no idea if this kind of questioning is called for or not. It's up to you.

7. qwerty222

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    deffo seems like you are bisexual

8. Ruthven

Umm...no. I really hope this is just a typo/mistake.

9. planets

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Double standard or typo?