1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and looking for advice

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by margot040995, Oct 20, 2013.

1. margot040995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey!

I am a 19-year-old cis girl. I have always automatically identified as heterosexual, but I am noticing some thoughts and such that are confusing and can't be ignored any longer.

I have only ever had one relationship, and it was with a heterosexual cis guy. I really liked him and felt "turned on" whenever we made physical contact, but we never got past first base, possibly due to the fact that both of us were (and are) very awkward and inexperienced. Even if the matter of sex had been broached, I think I would still be repulsed by it...maybe I just can't fathom it because it's an experience I've never had, but I had no interest in seeing his lower half naked, let alone getting that intimate with him.

I have had crushes on guys since junior high, but I have also been infatuated with a handful of female acquaintances. I also tend to "check out" girls more than I do with guys...I don't know if these things are indicative of just having "friend crushes" or comparing myself to other girls, but the thoughts are definitely there.

Lastly and most importantly, I occasionally get a weird feeling ~down there~ when I think about being with some girls, but this feeling is physically identical to the one I used to get with my boyfriend. (I think this is what people mean when they refer to being "turned on," but I am very inexperienced, like I said, and don't know whether this is a primal reaction to something that is universally perceived as "sexual" or what.)

So. I don't know if I'm just scared of sex or confused or what, but any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It COULD indicate bisexuality, but that is something you would have to decide for yourself.

When you get this 'feeling' thinking of girls, is there anyone specific you have in mind or is it just girls in general? Do you get the same feeling when you think of guys?

If you were sitting here right now and had to pick between 2 people with identical personalities, one male, one female, do you know who you would pick?

3. margot040995

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The feeling comes when thinking of specific girls as often as it does when thinking of girls in general. When I see or think of an attractive guy, I just feel giddy and schoolgirlish.

And that's an interesting question. Thank you so much.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem, I hope it helps. If it doesn't or you think of something else you need to ask, don't hesitate to post again!