1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings for a girl? But I thought I was gay??

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by deadmau5ftw, Oct 20, 2013.

1. deadmau5ftw

So I accepted the fact that I was gay a couple of months ago and thoughts that I was ever since I was 11. But there is this girl in my german class who I have been talking to and I think she likes me. I think I might be developing feelings for her... I've never dated before just because I am not the most attractive guy in the world lol. but I don't really know what it feels like to have feelings for people since I never got the chance to date anyone. I know I am attracted to Bears and , that is for sure but I just don't know If i might be Bi or not.... Any advice from people who went through something like this?

2. fortheloveoflez

I'd suggest to take it slow. Spend some more time with her and see where it goes. Don't rush into it. If you find that you like her like that then keep going. If not, then just be honest with her and yourself.

Even for a while after I knew I was a lesbian I decided to go out with two guys on a couple dates just because I thought that maybe it could work. They new from the get-go though how I had a "huge preference for women". Well, turned out I loved hanging out with them but the whole intimacy and romance made me uncomfortable. I remember when one leaned in and kissed me and then in my head I just thought "oh wow, this is awkward, I'm definitely 100% lesbian". And that was that.

3. deadmau5ftw

Thanks for replying so fast!

I think going on a date or two with her won't be such a bad idea! I think that will for sure set my feelingsof being gay in lock.

Thanks fortheloveolez!

4. fortheloveoflez

You also need to make sure that you aren't leading her on too much though. You don't want to hurt her! So, maybe be very cautious about your actions and not go in for the kiss unless you really really really want to? Savvy? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Maybe even explain the situation if you go further into it and if you actually decide that there is a chance with her

5. outsider

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know how you feel. Every since I was 11, ive known i was gay. And there was this girl my mom thought liked me( didnt know i was gay) and i knew i wasnt very ideal for a guy so i told myself i liked her because i was excited to maybe have an admirer, but i embrace that i am gay, not straight. Maybe your excited to have a relationship with someone regardless of gender, but it might also mean your bisexual. You might go on a date with her and just see what you feel about the situation. Just don't rush into things you might find you have no feelings for her and hurt her feelings. I hope this helped.:icon_wink