1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why dont i want to date ?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Babyspace, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Babyspace

Babyspace Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay I'm a girl and all my life I've never had a boyfriend. I never really thought about it because it felt natural and I felt happy. I've never had any romantic physical contact with boys , like kissing. But as I get older I see couples together and think ' why don't I want this '. Like I don't want ever cuddle, kiss, or anything romantic with a boy. Why is this? Will this ever change?

2. m477

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm pretty new here on EC, so I dunno if I should be giving out advice but I'll try. I'm kind of in the same boat, but with girls in my case. Have you ever fantasized about being with anyone in particular? One thing that would be important to know with regards to "will this ever change" would be your approximate age (if you're still going through puberty, there's a pretty good chance things will change).

3. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depending on your age it probably will. Plus there's nothing wrong with being single and if your happy then that's all that really matters. Although I firmly believe that at one point in our life we will meet someone that we truly want to be with.

4. toushirojaylee

Hello there. Who is more attractive to you?a man or a woman?and how old are you?

5. wanderinggirl

I can relate to the peer pressure of needing to be interested in someone. It's so stupid, but we all feel it: one of the standard icebreaker questions when making friends with new girls in elementary/middle school is "so who do you like?" with a strong implication that it has to be a boy.

Anyways you don't have to like someone. Asexuality is also a thing and it's totally fine. Maybe you aren't attracted to anyone. Maybe you're attracted to girls. Maybe you are just extremely picky. Just enjoy your alone time because there will also be times in your life when a lot of people want things from you and you will find yourself looking back fondly at your alone time and trying to carve it out yourself.

6. fortheloveoflez

Maybe that stuff just isn't for you or maybe you haven't found any one you really fancied yet

7. arcchi

Could be that you just never found someone who called your attention, romantic or physic.

At my 5th grade a lot of my friends had crush or datefriends, but i dont. I never thought in someone in a romantic way. I just started to notice it in the 8th grade when at the first time a liked a boy, cuz i until them i dont noticed i could like a girl.

It could be that you still dont wake up for romantic things, dont necessarily means that you are gay. Someday you will feel this need you "miss" in yourself, and will want cuddle, kiss and be close to someone, be this one girls or boy.

8. Babyspace

Babyspace Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 14 and I think boys are sexually attractive but girls are too.

9. arcchi

Ok, question: you think boys are atractive but dont want cuddle with them? And what about girls?

Taking your last coment, let me try again...
    It's fine be attract to people and dont want to cuddle them. I still am with the same thing: "Could be that you just never found someone who called your attention", but now just taking a romantic point.

10. Babyspace

Babyspace Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm not really sure. I guess I would. Its like kinda replusive for me to cuddle with a boy. I think I would be romantic with a girl right now to see if I would like it. I have had strong feelings for a gut before but I just couldn't date him like my body was just grossed out.

11. m477

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Not having a boyfriend at the age of 14 isn't anything to stress over. Neither is not having a strong attraction to boys or girls. You're still in the early stages of puberty, so don't feel the need to label yourself or to feel things you just don't feel in order to fit in right now. Take your time and do what feels right when it feels right.

12. Goodnyte

I agree with what some have said. You could just not have met someone that catches your attention yet. I never wanted that either, but then again, no one in my town caught my attention. When I met my boyfriend, I started to want those things. It could just simply be that. Once someone catches your attention, you might start wanting things like that.

13. apostrophied

Honestly? I think that you are extremely young, wayyy too young to worry about this. At 14, many girls are barely out of the "boys are icky" phase, it's 100% normal not to be attracted to them yet. :slight_smile: I know a lot of girls are boy-crazy though, and there are two reasons that I can think of for that: a) everyone matures differently, some are faster and some are slower, and b) they feel like they "have" to be boy-crazy because they see it in the movies, magazines, and other media. In other words, they fake it to fit in.

Take your time, enjoy being young. This is the time you get to hang out with your friends, have sleepovers, spend your weekends playing with makeup and nail polish, and just have fun. Boys will come later. And if you end up liking girls, well that's fine too. But from what you've written, I think you're a bit young to like anyone yet. And that's okay. :slight_smile: