1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight? Curious? Advice?!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MaseMan, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MaseMan

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay, about to be a semi long story. So I've been with girls my entire life (all 18 years), and always been a real lady's man. Never had a problem acknowledging a good lookin dude. I don't care who I find attractive honestly. If it's a dude it's a dude, but had never thought anything of it. I love women too much. haha. But, over the summer I had an encounter with my bestfriend where we got drunk and he made out with me, he's super straight lady's man as well. This made me question things a little. We're still best friends, haven't talked about it, don't plan on it. We're friends and thats all. So now since the summer I've been just a little more curious. I'm a 100% believer in love at first sight, every serious relationship or crush I've had has started with the panic butterflies. Never ever happened with a dude before, until now. I just started college, and in one of my classes this guy walked in, and the minute I saw him I felt it. The best looking dude I've ever seen. I've heard that he's into dudes, but I cant tell and it really makes me nervous to try and become friends with him, because Im afraid all my other friends in that class will wonder what the hell I'm doing. As far as I'm concerned Im 100% straight. I love women and want to be with them. But sexually guys are just as hot as women now, but not romantically. And I've realized the only dudes I'm into are the 100% masculine guys who you would never ever guess where into dudes, or straight curious guys. I've been told that there's no such thing as a masculine gay guy. Honestly the ideal situation would be a straight guy who likes hooking up with dudes every now and then, but idk about that... Just looking for opinions on if there are some out there that are just dudes who like dudes. and advice on what I should do with this guy in my class.Thanks in advance for the help!

PS. Nothing against the guys who aren't so masculine, to each their own, it's just not my thing.

2. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly, you were drunk, so I don't know. But you said you got butterflies towards a guy, so maybe you are bi? Are you still attracted to girls at all?

3. mvjp

haha tell Gareth Thomas that gay guys arnt masculine

maybe youre bisexual but hetero romantic

maybe you just want to experiment

i woulnt worry or rush to label it personally im the other way round im bi sexual but virtually totally homo romantic but id never rule anything out - as far as im concerned going with whatever will make you the happiest is the most important lifes too short to stress about constraining yourself with labels especially when youre so young an unattached - hope this helps - good luck - peace

ps google gareth thomas - if hes effeminate then im sweedish

4. MaseMan

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah. He kissed me. I didn't instigate it. But, I think it sparked something for me to think. And yeah. Never got that feeling towards a dude before, and I don't know what to do about it lol. Yes. I want to be with a girl. It's all I can think of I'm the future. But I'm starting to find guys hot. Like sexually, not romantically. I've gotta girl that I've been involved with for over a year. Gives me butterflies basically every time I see her. And this is the first person since her to even give me that feeling. Even tho she still does. I just thought It might mean something....

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2013 at 07:10 PM ----------

Not the most attractive guy. But definitely a mans man haha. But yeah I'm not into labels. I don't really care what people think. I'm just not sure what I'm feeling. Guys are hot to me all of a sudden. But still way more into chicks. But have a real wild streak that wants to mess around a little and try it all out!

5. College grad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey man - just read your first two posts. Just wanna say that I'm in a really similar situation. I also find some guys sexually hot and attractive, but not sure about getting involved romantically. Same time, I enjoy going out with hot girls and sex with them... I'm definitely not 100% straight and probably bi at this point. Just because I can appreciate male sexuality doesn't mean I can't also enjoy sex with girls. Just keeping my options open for now, and I wanna experiment some more.

In the mean time, life is too short for us to get all worried up about these labels and stereotypes. I think there's bigger and better things to go after in our lives, and I'm just going to experiment and try to enjoy all of this in the process.

6. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

Masculine gay guys exist bro. I am one of them. I am that "straight guy" in your class that no one would guess was into other dudes. Hooking up is fine, but don't lead one on and try to date one to see if you would like it romantically. It wastes time for the other guy looking for something more serious. Being a lady's man doesn't make you more masculine at all. That attitude needs to be dropped bro. Women crush your masculinity if you really think about it lol. A gay guy never has to deal with the emotions or femininity of women and thank God for that! You wouldn't necessarily be hooking up with a straight guy who also likes other dudes. Straight guys only like girls. And if that hot guy in your class happens to be 100% gay although closeted, would that turn you off? You need a little education on tired old stereotypes. Being bi doesn't make you better or more "masculine" than being gay.

7. MaseMan

Out Status:
    Not out at all

Sorry man. I didn't mean to be stereotypical. But to answer your question if I found out the "straight" guy in my class was 100% into dudes it wouldn't turn me off. It'd be 10x hotter. I guess all I meant was I was looking for people like u. Who no one would ever guess. Just a dude who can kick it with another dude. Thanks for being so helpful bud!

8. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

It's funny though when curious or bi guys assume I'm also into chicks. When I tell them I'm not it really turns the stereotypes of being gay upside down for them. Some even admitted they pretended to like girls just to fit in. I guess they were waiting for that "normal" gay guy as a role model to make them more comfortable with themselves. That's what make me more accepting of myself. Relationships between 2 dudes can be fun. Go watch a sporting event together and you have a lot more freedom to live your life as a guy without the influence of women. Not suggesting you start dating guys right away. Its new for you so just have fun for awhile before anything serious. You can stilk ve closeted and date a guy.

9. confused1234

cm81990, you hit how I feel right on the head. I'm bi, not gay, but I have such a hard time connecting emotionally to women. Don't get me wrong, I certainly respond physically to women, but emotionally, there are very few women I connect with. With guys though, it seems automatic.