1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dig yourself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by undefined, Oct 27, 2013.

1. undefined

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Dont feel soo bad....

Hi :slight_smile:

I felt compelled to write a message to all the members of this forum.

EC is a unique place to us, we all have something in common, we feel alone. We feel disenfranchised with society as well as a certain parts of ourselves.

I just wanted to highlight the fact that you are all beautiful people!! I know somewhat of the trials and difficulties you face. My advice to you, is to keep your perspectives in check.
    There are over eight billion people in this world, each living a typical life of seventy years. They will be replaced by the next generation, and most likely forgotten.... just like the billions of souls who have preceded us. The world is indifferent to your plight, so do as you please 
    You have a place in the world that is your right to occupy, to Live!!
    You all deserve the best. Love, trust, peace and respect. Don’t allow anyone to let you think otherwise. You have experienced hatred, disdain, isolation and that makes you more capable of feeling compassion, consideration, acceptance and love.
    Whilst it may not be an easy road, realize your own strength. To be a minority, and to carve your own path is aspirational, often against prejudice and hatred. That takes courage and tenacity.
    It’s all too easy to tread a path already trodden.

Unfortunately the people we seek approval from can’t comprehend our journey.

It saddens me to read so many posts from members experiencing feelings depression, guilt and sorrow. These are prevalent due to a lack of acceptance from our respective communities and peers.
    From my experience, it’s indoctrinated and spread through ignorance, for the most part with no malice intent, just ignorance. Never the less, it isn't conducive to our happiness.

My intention is to answer the commonly coined question in many posts, Why bother living?

Too that I reply, life is a ghastly endurance event at times, however, never stop loving you, let yourself be whomever feels naturally intrinsic to your identity. And never apologize for that!!
    Maybe i am biased, but i believe you all have a finely tuned humanitarian personality trait because of your unique perspective. As long as you have an opportunity to experience life and grow, keep nurturing it.

I don’t mean to preach but it’s a terrible injustice to see good people hurting….
    Consider any criticisms you receive, and give them due weight given society’s prejudice and naivety. Also, keep in mind there is a sector of society you should not seek approval from, because they are beyond reason :slight_smile:

Please keep kicking the can down the road, I hate the expression that "It will always get better", it's a bitter pill to swallow in our predicament. However, please give yourself the chance to be as happy & accepted as you deserve to be!!!

All the best

#1 undefined, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
  3. undefined

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  4. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lovely, thanks :slight_smile:

On the Chit Chat thread there's a pinned post with lots of inspirational videos to cheer us up when we're down :slight_smile:

Fab video btw, I think everyone on this forum category needs it!

#4 hitgirl, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  5. ZenDreamer

Thank you so much for sharing this message with everyone here. Reading it made me tear up because I do, like many others here and around the world, understand the injustices. But a lot don't. There is so much ignorance and ill-conceived judgement we face that it's easy to lose sight of what's most important: you. No matter what anyone says, it is nobody's place to dictate happiness, only you can decide how to live and who you should be. So be happy. :slight_smile:

This is beautiful; thanks again. Any chance you're an angel in disguise haha? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. dahlia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you so very much for your beautiful words. Words that come straight from the heart of an angel. Truly.

7. gamma

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I needed this today. Thank you.

8. JustEnoughTHM

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Re: Dont feel soo bad....