1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Very unsure

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by meron, Oct 27, 2013.

1. meron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone, I am new to this site and especially registered to hopefully get some help. I am a 20 year university student.

I haven't told this to anyone, not even my closest friends, but recently - and when I say that, I mean a couple of years - I have been questioning my sexuality.
    Ever since I was young and discovered "yuri" (japanese lesbian genre), I've been fascinated with the world of lesbianism and lesbians. I've sought out films to watch that are about lesbians, lesbian centred books and watching shows just because there is a lesbian couple.

However, even with this, I have yet to be attracted to another female. Sure, I've had to female celebrity girl crushes, and when I see girls I appreciate those that are stunning, but I do the same with men, though not as numerous and frequent.
    I have fantasised with the idea of being in a relationship with a girl and wondering what it would be like, but every time I do, it feels odd and yet nice at the same time.

It could be that I am just curious but at the same time, I wonder if I am actually bisexual or a lesbian. I was even tempted to enter a lesbian dating site just to see if I could meet a girl and take it from there (since I don't actually know any lesbians/bisexuals in the area I'm living in at the moment), but I'm not sure what people think of this as I'm sure some will think of it as just experimenting, even though I'm quite serious about this. It makes it even harder the fact that I'm from a Chinese/Vietnamese background and these sort of thoughts are considered taboo.

So, after all that long typing, I was just wondering if anyone can offer advice? All would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Randomette

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Advice? I dunno. Wait, you could do what I did! I repressed my feelings, and it totally worked out for me! Years later, I ended up back in the same spot of constantly thinking about girls, except now I'm in a relationship with a great guy that I really don't want to hurt.

Oh, before I say anything serious, I totally fell in love with yuri recently too, particularly yuri manga, though I found it long after I started thinking about girls. I think Girl Friends was my favorite.

Seriously, though. You might be a lesbian. Or you might not. The things you've described mainly point to curiosity. But I'd really caution you against writing off that curiosity. Like I said, a lot of us have done so and paid the price later in life. Why not try it? Why not go on that site and see what happens? You're not going to explode if a girl touches you. Well . . . depending on your definition of explode, I dunno.

Just be honest. Just say you think a lot about girls, but you're not sure what you really want, and you want to experiment. I'm sure you'll get replies. Just keep an open mind. Maybe you'll like it. Maybe you won't.

Good luck to you, Meron.

3. lovely lesbian

Hi! And welcome sounds to me like you could be just curious or you could be gay I don't really have any great advice sorry x

4. meron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for the replies and I decided to join the site PinkCupid
    However, so far, the site has been alright and disappointing. I like how it seems to be a friendly community however, the downside is that I am unable to contact any of the members, except of those that have paid.
    So I was wondering, is there a site that people recommend for someone like me?