1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm still questioning

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by evora, Oct 30, 2013.

1. evora

After all this time (one year of coming out to myself) I still question if I can really be gay. I know labels are not important but even without them I can't decide what I am. I run a lesbian blog, I've been to countless LGBT meetings, I see women almost daily who I'm attracted to and yet I question my feelings. Partly because I've no idea what they are and how strong they are but I think mostly my doubts come from being afraid of myself and my emotions.

I've come out to many people and the more out I am the more doubtful I become. I know that's not that uncommon but it still bothers me and so does being out to basically anyone who asks because I feel like with going to all these meetings & telling people that I'm gay there's no going back. I feel trapped like this is it. Which is not true because I don't have to define myself so rigidly but I feel a bit claustrophobic with being exposed and out.

I don't come out to just anyone and obviously I feel comfortable enough to do that now so that's not really the problem, it's just this whole 'there's no going back' feeling which makes me question myself even more than I normally would.

2. poison53sumac

What if you tried the label of homoflexible, which I take to mean "gay but okay with not boxing myself in indefinitely?"