1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should i pursue her even though im not sure of my sexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by perfbaby, Oct 31, 2013.

1. perfbaby

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Okay so recently I've been confused about my sexuality . I don't know if I'm straight or bi, or even lesbian. But yeah there is this one dyke at my school and I really think she is cute. Like I'm attracted to her. The problem is that she is out of the closet and I'm not even sure what I want. I've only seen her around and I don't really talk to her but I would like to get to know her better. So what do you think I should do? How should I go about pursuing her if I'm not sure about my sexuality? What should I say to her?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should first pursue a friendship with her and then take it from there. In my opinion, I think it is unfair to date someone when you are unsure of your sexuality. Because you're them giving false hope that something could come out of it, and if you're only friends, no one gets hurt. However, it will be her choice to decide if she would like to pursue something romantic with you. You can always talk to her about your feelings and perhaps she could be help you.

I mean, I've always known that I liked women since I was really young. And being so young, I had no idea who to turn to, so I decided to come out to my friend (I made her guess :grin:) and I discovered that she liked women as well. She and I did actually dated for a while, but we broke up and now, we're just really good friends.

#2 pinklov3ly, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. TheUglyBarnacle

I suggest you try to befriend her and maybe talk to her about these conflicting feelings you have. She might be able to help you out.
    As far as the romantic feelings are concerned, if they insist after you befriend her there is nothing to lose by telling her. You should just make sure to let her know that you are unsure of your orientation.

4. Lipstick Leuger

Be friends first, then if it happens it happens. As long as you are totally honest with her, then there won't be a problem.