1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do i call myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by mikey34, Nov 1, 2013.

1. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a masculine man who is very very little attracted to certain types of women and sexually and emotionally attracted to men. Id call it a 10/90 ratio. However i have an issue thinking i might marry a man and when i hear romantic songs i dont think of guys. Is it accurate to call me gay or bi, Please dont say i shouldnt label myself because that is zero help. I need a label to know who i am so i can work towards accepting myself the rest of the way.

2. Techno Kid

"I am a masculine man who is very very little attracted to certain types of women and sexually and emotionally attracted to men." That sounds like gay to me, but bi would technically fit as well. :slight_smile:

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's entirely up to you, but you sound like someone who would be more comfortable describing themselves as gay, since you basically gave the definition of someone who is primarily attracted to members of their sex, not to mention you seem to have made up your mind, somewhat, judging on your avatar picture. As far as marriage and romance go, it would be hard imaging yourself in those situations if you're not out at all, and still working on accepting yourself.

4. Hexagon

If you don't want to date girls, then I think its acceptable to call yourself gay. In regards to your issues with marrying a guy and romantic songs, I may be wrong, but that sounds to me as if you're suffering the consequences of society assuming you're hetero, and forcing those ideals into your head every day for as long as you can remember. You'll get over it in time.

Also, it isn't a matter of saying you shouldn't label yourself. Labels are good, necessary things when applied correctly. Its just that you shouldn't let others force labels onto you.

Isn't this in the wrong section?

5. palimpsest

I understand the need for a label to help make progress. So, that leaves you with two, gay or bi. Seems to me that you are slanting more towards gay. So why not try that one out? You could always modify it down the road. Start with the one that feels to fit the best, the one your gut is telling fits. If that is the inverse of what I suggested, the so be it.

I think I have to agree with Hexagon too, don't freak out about not fitting into a standard model at this time. Worry instead about taking care of yourself, there are plenty of things to deal with on this road. Even with a label in place, it takes time to become comfortable in your own skin. Start with that and I wish you all the best as you continue on your journey.

6. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yes i do apologize it is in the wrong section

7. tamy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say you are gay

8. lowkey

lowkey Guest

when you hear female singers who are hot and have beautiful voices and the songs themselves are beautiful, for me atleast, it just makes me want to have a straight side so much fucking more. woman are just dreamy, sometimes being gay, in my personal experience, feels like a malfunction since im constantly checking out and finding myself having a hard time resisting beautiful woman

9. MyChemRomance

Bisexual, probably, but just more attracted to men? I do agree, though, that you should think 'What am I?' Let yourself decide, I can't tell you who you are, only you can.(*hug*)

10. StillHere

Your like a Kinsey 5 in my book so I would say your gay.

I'm like you, I'm attracted to a very, very small amount of women sexually. They have to be absolutely perfect to me and still there are men who I would rather be with.

Also, I get the same things with music because singers usually talk heterosexually. A singer who I recommend is Lucy spraggan. She's lesbian and always refers as "you" or "your" instead of "her" or "hers" which I find as a big difference because I love music :slight_smile:. Maybe try her music out, you might like her!

11. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A label is a choice; you get to choose what you call yourself, and nobody has a right to tell you you're wrong. Call yourself whatever makes you feel most comfortable, you don't even have to label yourself as anything!

To me, in terms of romantic orientation (who you're romantically attracted to; it can sometimes be different to who you're sexually attracted to), you sound maybe aromantic or gray-aromantic; if you look at girls in a romantic way, that might be heteroromantic instead. Obviously you don't even need a label for romantic orientation if you don't want it. In terms of sexual orientation, gay, homoflexible (like a kinsey 5), and bisexual could all work--and once again, you don't need to pick. Really, it's what you want to call yourself that's the important question, not what you should call yourself. Go with whatever feels comfortable!

I know this might not quite be the answer you're looking for, but I tried my best!

12. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I think you know the answer. You want to be partially normal by trying to like women so you are waiting for someone on here to tell you that you are bi. Lets forget about labels for a moment. You've mentioned you sexually and emotionally like guys only. There are attractive women out there but they don't truly rock your boat. Label it however you want or don't label at all. But I think it is clear what you want and don't want.