1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one not clued in?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by questions1, Nov 1, 2013.

1. questions1

So, I think I am straight.
    I can't even begin to tell you how many people have asked me if I am a lesbian. (Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are bi/lesbians).
    Seriously though. Some of my closest friends, roommate included have asked me/teased me multiple times. Am I just not cluing into the fact that I have lesbian tendencies?
    One of my best friends, a lesbian, and I talked. She said that her "gaydar" didn't go off when around me, but her girlfriend is convinced that I am a lesbian. However, she could see how I fill lesbian "stereotypes". (I am 5'8", athletic, musical, built, long blond hair: her words).
    I am a very quiet person. I am semi-athletic, (on my school's rowing team), and I am a natural blond.
    The only thing that I can think of that indicates my not being straight is the fact that I have never had a boyfriend. All of my friends know that. I just never have had an interest. Guy friends on the other hand, I have plenty of those. I just don't see the need to get into a relationship now.
    Sorry for the rant... It was needed.

2. Silver Sparrow

Some people are going to insist they know your sexuality, but only you can decide for sure.

3. honorcode

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Physical appearances and personality doesn't even matter in the slightest when it comes to sexuality! Gays come in all varieties!
    People will always try to tell you what your sexuality is, and I still get the "you don't look like a lesbian comments" but I am.. I so so am!
    The only one who knows what sexual orientation you have is YOU! and don't worry about not having had a boyfriend. I've never had a "serious" girlfriend but I still know that I am a huge lesbian!

all in all, don't worry! whatever you feel is what is correct, not what others say you should feel.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who cares what other people think of you, as long as you know who you are then that's all that matters. I am a lesbian, I've been with men in the past, and some would say that I am bisexual. But guess what? I do not care what they think of me because my feelings are my own. I'm very feminine, so I don't look gay--whatever that is, but I know deep down inside who I am. You don't have anything to prove to anyone, friends included.

5. Lipstick Leuger

You know what and who you are. Don't let others tell you what they think you are. I ended up married to a man by doing that......