1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not entirely sure what I am... Might anyone be able to give me an answer?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Wat, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Wat

Wat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi all,

So here's the deal. I usually identify as bisexual. I'm mostly, but not exclusively attracted to guys sexually. Occasionally, I find women attractive and am interested in them, but it isn't very often, nor is it as immediate an attraction as it is with men. Romantically, I usually develop interests and crushes on women, but on occasion, fall for men. On the Kinsey scale, I usually fall around 4.

Here's where it gets confusing.

Lately, I've noticed my attraction both physically and romantically toward women start to wane, and currently, I'm not really interested at all in them. I know some people say that sexuality is fluid, so this could just be temporary, but I'm not really sure. I'm not completely out, but if someone asks, I usually tell them. I'm 100% ready to come out, and am not worried in the slightest about doing so, but don't know what to be out AS. Currently, it would make sense just to say I'm gay, but I don't know how that will hold up in the future. If I say I'm bisexual to all, it might turn out I'm still not attracted at all to women and then I'd just be caught in a lie. Even when I do find women to occasionally pique my interest, it still seems disingenuous to call myself bisexual since I'm much more strongly attracted to guys (especially now that I'm so interested in them romantically as well). However, I'm just not quite sure that "gay" is a fitting category for myself, not that I have anything against it. I really wish I could for sure pin down where exactly I am sexually so I could just be out to everyone and not have to explain myself like this EVERY SINGLE TIME a new person asks. It's quite irritating. If anyone could give their input and advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh, and if it helps, I've only had sex with other men thus far, and just because I'm not actively interested in women at the moment doesn't mean I'm completely against the idea of being with one. If the opportunity to be with a woman were to present itself, I'd possibly take it, if not just to try it.

2. dayday4

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi there
    I'm not sure i will be a huge help, but i do have some idea where you are coming from and i would advise one, or both, of these two things
    1. Wait. Maybe give yourself some time before you completely say you are bi or gay, depending on what you are more comfortable with.
    2. You could always say you are bi, but more towards guys.
    I would, if you are to say anything, say what you are comfortable with. There is no shame in developing your sexuality over time, if you notice you are exclusively into males, or begin to have feelings for females. Just don't do anything you're not comfortable with is the main thing i want to put forward here.

3. I would just tell everyone that you're sexually fluid and are still sorting things out, just to let them know that you're at least not entirely straight and that you're more than that, but unsure what that exactly is. Not sure if this helps, but I'm going through something similar myself, and I'm not out yet, at least not entirely out. Some people know the basics, but not all of it.

4. Wat

Wat

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. This does help a little. Maybe I should just wait it out a little longer and see what develops before I try to pin myself down to something. I just wish there was a more concise term for what I am so I don't have to go through this whole spiel every time a new person learns of my orientation.