1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What constitutes attraction

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ChromeNerd, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I often get confused about whether I'm feeling attracted to someone or not. I know that I'm more attracted to girls and my attraction to guys is below average or non-existent. I often feel like I might be attracted to someone, but I don't know if I'm actually attracted.

2. Summer Rose

If you think you might be attracted to someone, ask yourself if you could see you and him/her spending time together. Maybe you simply admire that person, but not in a romantic way. I recommend finding someone who you only have platonic feelings for, and try to recognize what way you feel towards them and how it differs from how you feel about others.

3. apostrophied

I knew I had a crush on this girl when I realized that I was sitting way too lose to her, especially considering that I barely knew her at all. Then, when I was imagining myself walking with her hand in hand, well that sure sealed it for me. I do sometimes find a guy cute, but I've yet to meet one to whom I feel attracted in the same way as I've felt towards the girl I liked. I'd say when you think of the person way too much, when you feel like you could look straight in their eyes for hours, when you could imagine your wedding, you can safely assume that there's at least a little bit of attraction there lol.

4. MossyCave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You who find yourself looking at without consciously meaning to. I think it's like, who would you want to spend time with, with no external motivation, nothing to do with how you'd look hanging out with them, but if you'd actually want to be around them based on how you feel when you look at them or are around them. Who you can't help finding appealing. I was confused about this once, and it's really hard to explain, but I think when you realize you have attraction to someone you can't really help it. Like, back when I was confused about this, it was because I always thought I was straight and then for a few years I didn't find men attractive at all, so obviously I would look at basically any man and think "is he attractive? I guess he is" and it was all very logical. But when I looked at some women it was a very automatic "wow" kind of feeling.