1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just need reassurance!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by paranoidkid, Nov 4, 2013.

1. paranoidkid

Okay, some of u may remember me, some may not. But i Have ocd and i OVER THINK everything. Now im not coming here because i have a problem or because of my sexual orientation(Im straight 110% sure) But i guess more for romantic orientation, even though I know what i am, im just over thinking this. So if someone could just help me out here that would be great!

So this is the situation. I finally became cool with my co worker(hes very hard to get along with). And we never personally had problems being co workers. Hes just a rough person to anyone. But finally i became cool with him where we can talk and all that. And on saturday we got a new co worker and out of no where hes cool with him. I was like "oh, guess we weren't that cool, i thought we were buddies, he must just be in a good mood these past few days, whatever no big deal!". Im not jealous, because they were talking 15 min before that and i didnt care. its just eventually I was like "I guess we arent really buddy buddy, hes just been nice lately, oh well". But my problem is, since i have ocd. like 2 minutes after i said this i thought to myself "oh my god, was i jealous, if your jealous does not that mean u like someone?" and have been freaking myself out with that ever since. I mean, it has gotten way better the past day, im realizing how irrational that was. but want reassurance here.

And even if anything here, if i was jealous, it was just a friend thing Like "i thought we were cool friends at work, but i guess hes just been in a good mood"

And ive read countless times, where people said not to mistake a friendship for actually affection and love.

Now how do i feel about the co worker? Well, i do not like him. Im not attracted to him. I NEVER think about him. im not in love with him. and yet i barley still talk to him at work, mostly because i just dont care, and if i do talk to him its just because im really bored and there is nothing else to do. So I have NO feelings at all, and im sure of that. It was cool, just to finally be cool with him since he is really rough and a hard guy to get along with, but then realize he just got along easily with a new person i was just like "Oh what guess we werent that cool,and hes just in a good mood the past few days".

So i can basically answer my own question and i know its true, but like i said i have OCD(Yes i was diagnosed by a top psychologist in my state) and i over think everything.
    No i do not have feelings, no i am not attracted to him, and im just over thinking this whole situation. Everyone i told said i am over thinking way too much (2 people). But i am a person who needs good reassurance. And once i get thinking a bad way, its extremly hard for me to stop, and that goes for any life event, not just this. basically, i just need reassurance, and i had to get it off my chest because its just bothering me, and i go on vacation in 2 days (Vegas!) and i want to be stress/worry free! hah thank you!

sorry i know this sounds stupid, but i do this with everything in life, from money to people, to jobs, to cars.

Edit: im just worried that i like him because of what i said in my head and worried/wondering if im gay. Ik its stupid since im attracted to girls, and only fell in love with girls. But this stupid situation kicked me out of my smoothness and has me all messed up for a stupid reason.

Edit: Wow it felt really good to get it off my chest lol

#1 paranoidkid, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. Minnie

You'll know yourself what you are. If you feel the over-thinking is becoming a problem, maybe see a counsellor and get some CBT?

3. paranoidkid

I already do counseling! I just needed to get it off my chest, like I said. Its gotten better every day since this happend! its been 2 days and its WAy better than the day it happend lol

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2013 at 11:57 AM ----------

And yes i know what i am, i fall in love with girls! ITs just im getting the friend thing mixed up here with acutally liking someone. How do i know? Well, i just dont have feelings for him, i never liked him, i never think about him! I know im heteromantic. Just i am over thinking this and had to get it off my chest. And i have actually liked/loved someone before and it does not match up to it AT ALL. I never even got any feeling from this situation.

#3 paranoidkid, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  4. Minnie

I understand over-thinking is hard, but you need to put in the effort to shut off. When you find yourself asking these questions, don't even think about thinking of avoiding the questions: just let them come and go.

5. paranoidkid

Yes will do! and you think i am getting the whole friend thing mixed up, if that is even the case.

6. paranoidkid

It's eating me up because I'm like "why did I think that" ik it was a friend thing but someone else help!!! It's eating me up. Anyone else please!!

7. Lipstick Leuger

Don't worry, you're still straight. I had this happen with my oldest, who was not sure she was straight(she is) because she found other women very beautiful at times. She took some time to figure it out but she's good now.

You need to use your tools you got from your therapist(I'm OCD also)and don't allow this to become an obsession.