1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice :/

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Gremlin93, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Gremlin93

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok so I'm 20 and I vary rarely get attracted to people and only ever had one boyfriend :/ I've been single for over a year and I currently find my self extremely attracted to a girl (who is gay ) I'm not sure weather this is like a "phase " or whatever but I just really don't know how to deal with it ,I've told her how I feel but she's just come out of a serious relationship and isn't looking for anything but the more I think of it the more I question my sexuality :/ sometimes I think I may not be attracted to people because I try not to notice girls ? I also suffer from some major confidence issues and social anxiety which doesn't help but I just don't know weather I'm gay or not :/ anyone else been through this ?

2. Bright Eyes

Yeah, when I thought I was straight, I would hardly ever get attracted to people. Girls would be like, "He's so hot!!!", and I'd just be like "Whatever" and think I was just really picky. Turns out I was actually gay and really surpressing my feelings for girls
    However, I'm sure this is not the case for everyone. My advice: try to open yourself up to the possibility that you might be gay, and observe your feelings. I know it's horribly confusing, but try not to rush to label yourself. Besides, you said this girl you might have feelings for isn't interested in another relationship right now, so you got a little time.
    That's the best advice I got. Good luck!
    (*hug*)

3. Gremlin93

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeh it's hard to figure out weather I've been trying to fit into the "norms" or what ...I'm exactly the same tho I've never found guys perticularly attractive but I suppose I have found girls attractive but I find it hard to accept if that makes sense , when you say opening up to it what do you mean ? And thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

4. UIOP

You're definitely not alone with those kinds of feelings. When I thought I was straight, I just wasn't ever attracted to anyone and I also assumed I was really fussy. But it turned out that I was actually gay. I'm not saying that it's necessarily the same for you but I think you need to take some time, think about things and try to 'explore who you are'. Maybe take a subtle look around at people and ask yourself who you do and do not find attractive. That's what I did, anyway.

Oh, I almost forgot to say. One day, things will be clearer in your head and it will get easier to deal with. Trust me :slight_smile:

5. ProudGay

ProudGay Guest

I'm gay, this I confirmed when I was 15 ( don't ask:grin:) anyway I've only had 1 girlfriend. I'm not a female but I can relate

6. Gremlin93

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yeh it's just sorta automatic that everyone thinks there straight I suppose , I honestly don't know we're I'm at ATM cuz it's kinda hard to let myself notice theese feelings as my family aren't exactly excepting about many things ...so I've got a big fear factor aswell , thanks for the advice tho :slight_smile: it's nice to know I'm not the only "fussy " one ha ha

7. orangevanilla

I dont think youre gay yet