1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay and asexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by blond, Nov 5, 2013.

1. blond

So i like men and i always will but i'm not really a sexual person as in sex is not that appealing most of the time. But does that mean i may be asexual? Or just not really into it. I don't want meet the right guy and not be able to give him what he needs. Think you in advance.

P.S.
    I'm sorry if this in the wrong forum.

#1 blond, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

3. Alejandro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think the "asexual definition" could be a bit radical, but I still dont think is a bad thing... in fact I'm gay too and I believe that I am asexual too but this does not affect me at all.

If there is something that you are right is about "meet the right guy and not be able to give him what he needs", BUT if you really think hes the right person he should understand and love you even so...

sorry my english man!!

4. purplekitty

Hmm...asexuality is about not experiencing sexual attraction for anyone (or at least most of the time. asexuality is a spectrum too). Asexual people do experience other forms of attraction, like romantic or aesthetic. So someone can be asexual but have romantic feelings, whether they are heteroromantic, homoromantic, biromantic, etc. And not wanting to have sex is does not always make someone asexual. There is a difference between libido (sex drive) and sexual attraction. For many asexual people that have a sex drive, it is not directed at anyone. And there are people that are not asexual but still have a low sex drive.

Really, I think it's going to take a lot of analysis of your thinking/feelings in order to figure this out. I don't know if all my information was helpful, but I don't mind answering more questions. If you want to, try looking up AVEN. They have a whole wiki section full of information that could be helpful to you.

5. blond

Thinks everyone! I'm glad i found this site because i don't have a bunch of people i can talk about this too.

And Think you for the information about AVEN purplekitty. Maybe i have a low libido i don't know i mean i like the idea of of hand holding, kissing, hugging, everything besides sex maybe there's something wrong with me.

6. scottallens

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone know of any dating sites for gay's who are asexual? Thanks.

7. Ace of Hearts

Hey blond!

I personally have identified myself as asexual for over a year, so in my opinion, being asexual is definitely a real thing: In the same way that guys who are heterosexual (and not fluid) do not feel any sexual/physical attraction toward other guys, people like me who are asexual do not experience sexual/physical attraction toward either sex/gender. You can still be "gay" in the sense that you are homo-romantic; I consider myself as hetero-romantic, so I label myself "straight" in that sense, but you don't have to put a label on yourself if you don't want to.

Here is the link to the FAQ on AVEN if you want to do some research on whether or not you want to label yourself as asexual or as having a low libido.
    General FAQ | The Asexual Visibility and Education Network | asexuality.org

Also, as Alejandro said: "if you really think hes the right person he should understand and love you even so...". The right guy means he is right for you. Completely. Sexually and otherwise. You might end up with someone who is sexual or someone who is not.

Last thing: there is nothing "wrong" with you for not wanting to have sex, whether it be because of asexuality or prudishness or fear of intimacy or something else. It's never wrong to be who you are!

--Ace of Hearts

8. blond

Hey ace of hearts! Thinks for the link to AVEN i'll check it out as soon as i can.

9. RainbowMan

Just a friendly reminder that the mention of specific dating sites on the forum is against the rules, so don't do it :slight_smile:

10. purplekitty

You're welcome! I found that site very helpful when I first started questioning myself, so I'm glad it is helpful to you too.

Also, there is nothing wrong with you! Not wanting sex, whether you're sexual or not, does not make you broken or abnormal in any way. Popular culture likes to tell you otherwise, but you have to know that there is nothing wrong with wanting what is right for you.

As for hand holding, kissing, and hugging, it will be helpful to know there are multiple kinds of attraction. There is the well known sexual attraction, but there is also romantic, aesthetic, and sensual. Romantic attraction is the want to have a romantic relationship with someone. Aesthetic attraction is liking someone's appearance, but this does not have to be in a sexual way. And sensual attraction is the desire to touch someone, which also does not have to be sexual. Most asexual people place hugging, holding hands, and even kissing into the sensual and/or romantic attraction categories. This is because these actions are not in themselves sexual. So, even if you want to hug, hold hands, and kiss, that does not mean that you have to want sex too. Remember, sex is not required to have a happy relationship!

Okay, so this post got pretty long. :slight_smile: I hope some of this information is helpful to you!